No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis vs Abner Mares In Early 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gervonta Davis vs Abner Mares In Early 2019

Not a huge surprise as it has been rumored for a while, but looks like it will be happening early 2019.

A deal is all but in place for “Tank” Davis to defend his junior lightweight title against Mares in early 2019, industry sources told The Ring. The PBC bout will be broadcast on either Showtime or Fox.
    https://www.******.com/547137-gervon...in-early-2019/

Now make LSC vs GRJ and have the winners face off?

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Not a huge surprise as it has been rumored for a while, but looks like it will be happening early 2019.

https://www.******.com/547137-gervon...in-early-2019/

Now make LSC vs GRJ and have the winners face off?
    Stupid fight. What's gonna prove? Davis should fight people like Berchelt, Mikey, Loma, Prograis, Pac, etc.

Waste of time!

Comment

What's with Davis obsession seeking out fights with guys from divisions below coming off of losses when there are good, meaningful matches readily available? At least try to make them first and fall back on **** like this but this time next year Davis is going to have spent two years of his career with the three fights being - 1. A bum that he missed weight for 2. A featherweight who'd been out for about 18 months coming off a loss 3. A featherweight (who's really a bantamweight, very small at 126) coming off another loss and clearly on the downside for years now.

A waste of 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Stupid fight. What's gonna prove? Davis should fight people like Berchelt, Mikey, Loma, Prograis, Pac, etc.

Waste of time!
        Berchelt has a fight, Mikey has a fight, Lima has a fight, prograis has a fight, pac has a fight but you want Davis to fight these fighters and not to mention most you mentioned are at 140-147 now. This is a great fight for fans builds his name and will be action and keep him active. No pleasing some people haha.

Comment

Probably in Jan or Feb.

Jan 19 Pac-AB

Feb 16 Mikey-Spence

2 more dates in Feb each for Thurman-Porter and Davis-Mares.

Comment

At this pace Tank should break the gay one record.

What a t ur d of a fight

Comment

Supposed to be in late 2018 til things with Tank & Floyd went south again. Or coulda been a coincidence, but I'll take my chances it was Tank & Floyd beef related that the fight got pushed back a couple months.

Hopefully Tank vs Mares happens. Look forward to finally seeing Tank back in the ring.

Comment

PBC is making much better fights now that they have a network deal in place. I get this-give Tank a name that he should beat easily to build a buzz. Typical promoter move.

This should be the "worst" Davis fight this year. Farmer unification next and then move up or see if you can get the Vargas/Machado winner if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  What's with Davis obsession seeking out fights with guys from divisions below coming off of losses when there are good, meaningful matches readily available?.
                  I think Tank (& most fighters) has minimal input with he fights. I tend to doubt Tank picked out Mares specifically. I think many fighters in general just have a "I'll fight anyone" approach to his next opponent & Tank seems like that type of guy more or less. I mean there are big fights that do became fights both guys want don't get it twisted, but most opponents are just a promoter or ABC Group steering you to them I feel like.

I think it'd actually be a lot more interesting if boxers did pick out more of there opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    PBC is making much better fights now that they have a network deal in place. I get this-give Tank a name that he should beat easily to build a buzz. Typical promoter move.

This should be the "worst" Davis fight this year. Farmer unification next and then move up or see if you can get the Vargas/Machado winner if they fight.
                    I need to see it before I'll believe it. PBC's tip top fighter trajectory has left me feeling less than impressed even as a big fan of PBC & more specifically Al Haymon.

And it could be Davis' worst fight of next year like you are saying, but hopefully that doesn't mean its also his only fight of next year if he keeps with the same rotation he had in 2018.

Comment

Working...
                    X