Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGuigan: Groves' Shoulder is Massive Concern For Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGuigan: Groves' Shoulder is Massive Concern For Tournament

George Groves could miss the World Boxing Super Series final having been taken to hospital with a suspected dislocated shoulder suffered in his victory over Chris Eubank Jr in Manchester. WBA world champion Groves won his semi-final by beating his fellow Briton on a unanimous points decision 117-112, 116-112 and 115-113 in perhaps the finest performance of the super middleweight's career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

let Eubank take the spot fck it. or Benavidez. you cant let this dude in the final with one arm.

Comment

I hope he can make it to the fight and be 100%. Doesn’t deserve to miss out.

If he pulls out, part of me says Eubank deserves the slot more than someone who hasn’t fought in the tourney but a beltholder would make it more interesting.

Does Groves vacate anything by missing the final?

Comment

Can't they just delay his match against Callum Smith? I don't think it'd be fair to swipe Groves' chance at winning this tournament, after having worked so hard to earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          let Eubank take the spot fck it. or Benavidez. you cant let this dude in the final with one arm.
          Bit harsh on Groves considering the circumstances?

Comment

All I know is I want to see groves vs smith, I hope they give groves some extra time to make the fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post

If he pulls out, part of me says Eubank deserves the slot more than someone who hasn’t fought in the tourney but a beltholder would make it more interesting.

Eubank deserves phuck all.
              Last edited by alexguiness; 02-18-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                Can't they just delay his match against Callum Smith? I don't think it'd be fair to swipe Groves' chance at winning this tournament, after having worked so hard to earn it.
                Yeah groves in the final is a bigger fight than whoever else they can replace him with. He’s probably the biggest “name” at super middle now.

Depends on the length of the delay I guess. If it’s a couple of months extra it’s no biggie, but if it’s another year I can understand them wanting to crack on. It sort of undermines a knockout tournament format though.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post

I don't believe he will lose his belts for an injury. But I don't feel like Eubanks should get in.
                  Maybe call Caleb Truax or Gilberto Ramírez?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    Yeah groves in the final is a bigger fight than whoever else they can replace him with. He’s probably the biggest “name” at super middle now.

Depends on the length of the delay I guess. If it’s a couple of months extra it’s no biggie, but if it’s another year I can understand them wanting to crack on. It sort of undermines a knockout tournament format though.
                    Over Andre Dirrell?

Comment

Working...
                    X