Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Porter have Such Horrible Technique???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Porter have Such Horrible Technique???

Yet this guy has been boxing for how long now?

I was watching that fight and cant help but notice how crappy and amateurish Porter's punching technique looked. His offensive rushes looked straight garbage.

You would think a guy that's been in the game for awhile and has had that much repetition put in would have a little better punching technique.

dude makes ronda rousey look like ricarda lopez smdh...

Comment

Papa Porter trains him. They even have TV's

Comment

I can't help but compare him to Ricky Hatton.
        Rush in, hit and hold. Quite sloppy and if you have someone with the technique to keep you off, it makes it easy to pick them as they come in.

I believe the decision was accurate, however Porter brings a ton of spirit which can't be said for many of today's fighters. He has the determination and fighting spirit lacking in many others. That alone makes Porter worth watching and he's a pretty humble likeable dude.

But yeah... his style can be cringe worthy at times as was Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Papa Porter trains him. They even have TV's
          and what the hell was that **** hug he had with his dad before the fight started???

that really made feel uncomfortable....

can somebody pleassse make a gif of that?

WTH WAS TAHT????

that might be worse than the ellerbe chest rub smdh....

Comment

It's because of his super aggressive style. You won't see too many guys who fight like that look pretty. It works for him though and he knows against a lot of these guys who are taller, faster and have better boxing skills his best chance is to be on top of them as much as possible and make it a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              It's because of his super aggressive style. You won't see too many guys who fight like that look pretty. It works for him though and he knows against a lot of these guys who are taller, faster and have better boxing skills his best chance is to be on top of them as much as possible and make it a dog fight.
              but seriously tho,

wth was that hug he had with his dad before the fight started???

i know yall know what im talking about....

can somebody make me a gif please???

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                I can't help but compare him to Ricky Hatton.
                Rush in, hit and hold. Quite sloppy and if you have someone with the technique to keep you off, it makes it easy to pick them as they come in.

I believe the decision was accurate, however Porter brings a ton of spirit which can't be said for many of today's fighters. He has the determination and fighting spirit lacking in many others. That alone makes Porter worth watching and he's a pretty humble likeable dude.

But yeah... his style can be cringe worthy at times as was Hatton.
                Hatton had the ability to pick some very good body shots at times though. His left hand to the body was no joke, great technique and very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  technique is technique.

i dont think you can just excuse that technique do to aggressiveness.

plenty of aggressive offensive fighters keep their punching technique crisp and clean.

porter looks like he has a low ceiling talent wise. strong mandingo body, amazing fighting spirit tho and that can overcome poor technique sometimes...

not a good look for thurman's potential to have struggled with a fighter like porter.

i put too much stock in his musical ability and bone thugs n harmony hair.

Comment

it's his style not technique you ****!! his technique are fine. his jab are okay, his overhand punch and uppercut are good, he cutting off the ring effectively. there are nothing wrong with his technique he just a swarmer

Comment

Working...
                    X