Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido must be the G.O.A.T. or someone is getting hyped way too much.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    The 'style' was not what troubled him, it was being blatantly punched in the balls in the region of 80 times.

People that have their agenda gloss over that as if it's just a regular part of boxing. It was horrendous refereeing.
    he wasn't the first great fighter to deal with a dirty opponent....just saying

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      he is overhyped

p4p #1? WHO HAS HE FOUGHT....a loss to salido doesnt help

his skills are there but id have to see him deal with a rugged top fighter in their prime before i annoint him # 1 p4p

the guy has less than 10 fights and hasnt improved on some astronomical level so you just cant erase an official lose

The american media is overrating him, and HBO has shown that they are hyping eastern euro and central asian fighters a lot more than American and Mexican fighters...Its been clear since Mayweather and Pac got old and their era began to fade(who have more champions and top contenders in boxing period)

of course you're in the thread showing us all of your inadequacies and how they manifest every time there is a good white boxer on TV.

kovalev has totally been more hyped than ward . they ddin't, like, pay for several tune ups to bring ward back from obscurity / nothingness. didn't, like, pay him 2X what kovalev has earned.

Comment

he wasn't the first great fighter to deal with a dirty opponent....just saying
        Very easy to say, but I'll ask you simply; show me one other world class fighter getting punched in the balls in the region of 80 times in a fight without a single warning from the ref?

Comment

There's no doubt HBO is in overdrive with the hype. Of course the usual suspects just get on here and parrot the HBO talking points. Watching what's going on with Lomachenko is the perfect example how you can overhype someone who is not actually hype. Lomachenko has real skills and can be great. However, the first time he's in a real fight where his performance is off the natural argument will be he wasn't as good as we were being told.

Look how quickly everyone is jumping off the Tripple G hype train and getting on the Loma train.

Comment

Everybody likes Lomachenko but yeah, there will be a divide very soon because I think there are some posters who don't like that Lomachenko is liked by every fanbase, they need to make some sort of segregation at all times. So there's a tactic i'm seeing that aims to do this, which is overhyping Lomachenko, saying things like he's better than Mayweather, better than Ward, better than Roy Jones (they haven't said Ward or Jones yet but at this pace it will happen). Notice they don't say better than Pacquiao, or better than GGG, or better than Kovalev. They aim at Lomachenko being better than certain boxers. This is intentional, it's to get people mad and fulfill their little racial warzone dreams they have in their heads of white vs black.

Don't pay any attention to it, Loma is a very good fighter, he's destined for greatness, but some fans are using his name for other agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
              With how Lomachenko is getting hyped up after beating Jason Sosa (Who?) as some atg that beats prime Pacquiao and Mayweather you would think Orlando Salido is the greatest of all time for already giving Lomachenko an official loss. He was young doe. Low blows doe. Weight advantage doe. It was a close fight but Salido got the official win no matter how you slice it. Lomachenko is a talented young fighter. Lay off the atg hype and him beating atg fighters until he has a resume to deserve being mentioned with legit greats. This is why people hate GGG and others... unwarranted hype. Check Salido's record at the time he beat Lomachenko .
              Why do you hate white people so much?

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Everybody likes Lomachenko but yeah, there will be a divide very soon because I think there are some posters who don't like that Lomachenko is liked by every fanbase, they need to make some sort of segregation at all times.
              Good post^.
              That's the exact thing I was calling this yesterday; segregation. I've got people telling me I'm a blind Floyd supporter, anti-white, hate Euro fighters, etc when my post history reflects the opposite. They literally try to get some of us to dislike Loma so they have flaunt a "win" for their side. Talk about being insecure!

I'm someone who really doesn't think about race much, if ever. Except, when I come here and I've got to defend myself from this bullshyt.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Very easy to say, but I'll ask you simply; show me one other world class fighter getting punched in the balls in the region of 80 times in a fight without a single warning from the ref?
                Nobody made excuses for mayweather when jlc n maidana threw low blows elbows etc

He was at a size disadvantage too

He found a way to win
                Pep vs saddler was dirty AF but pep found a way to outbox a bigger An atg

Comment

Floyd struggled in his second fight against a bum with 1 win and 4 losses named Reggie Sanders.

The same people devoted to hating GGG are now turning on Lomachenko....

I wonder why............

Comment

Nobody made excuses for mayweather when jlc n maidana threw low blows elbows etc

He was at a size disadvantage too

He found a way to win
                    Pep vs saddler was dirty AF but pep found a way to outbox a bigger An atg

Salido made Maidana look like an ultra clean fighter. There is no comparison, had Floyd been punched in the balls 5 times there would have been points taken and a DQ, let alone 80 times.

Maidana also made weight, Salido missed weight intentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      Floyd struggled in his second fight against a bum with 1 win and 4 losses named Reggie Sanders.

The same people devoted to hating GGG are now turning on Lomachenko....

I wonder why............
                      Floyd was 19 years old, Loma was a 26 year old man with a kid in his 2nd fight.
                      I like Loma more than Floyd but some of the idiotic stuff said on this forum begs to be pointed out.

Comment

Working...
                      X