Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

#7- Mike Tyson vs. Joe Frazier

Seeing that Frazier was about the same height as Tyson, fought nearly the same style, this fight would be a slugfest. Frazier had arguably the most heart and determination of any heavyweight champion ever, and, like Tyson, had great head movement. He owned probably the most dangerous punch in boxing, his signature left hook, and his constant attack stopped many boxers. Here we'll use the Frazier the night of the first fight with Ali, seeing that that was probably his greatest moment.

Tyson would be prepared for Frazier's deadly left hook, and would storm out covering up his left side mainly. He throws a nearly fatal right hook, but Frazier ducks and catches Mike with a left-right to the body. The first 2 rounds consist of mainly Tyson missing many punches, and Frazier counters them with body shots. Frazier's underrated right hand is becoming very prominent, as Tyson underestimated it. At the end of the 3rd round, Mike catches Frazier with a destructive uppercut, but Joe shakes it off like it's nothing and comes right back at Mike. Furious, Mike throws a brutal left hook, but missed and is smashed by a suprisingly powerful right from Joe.

By the 5th, Tyson is realizing that Joe's right hand is much more of a problem than he realized, and he starts to cover up his right side more. This allows Joe to start letting the left hook fly. Tyson is brutally beaten the 5th round, because Joe's body shots in the early rounds are taking the toll, and Tyson is slowing down and taking brutal left hooks. Somehow he manages to stay in there, but his left eye is swollen and a cut has appeared below his right eye. In the 6th round, Joe connects with 2 rights: the first to the body and the second to the head, which staggers Mike. While Mike backs up, Joe launches forward and throws a monstrous left hook, catching Mike square on the chin. Mike is out cold, as Joe stands over him and casts him a look of disgust, then he walks over to his corner.

#6 Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman

In the mid 70's George Foreman was a monster. He had the most powerful punch of any heavyweight, and his strength was unbearable. His chin was underrated, and he wasn't scared of anyone. We'll use the version of George when he fought Frazier in Kingston, seeing that was his finest moment.

At the staredown, Mike is scared ****less, looking into the angry looking face of an animal. Hell, if Mike was scared of a 45 year old Foreman, he must be scared of the monster 20 years younger. When the bell rings, Tyson doesn't storm out as usual, but gently walks out. Foreman's reach and brutal is disarming Mike of his staccato combos. Throughout the 1st round, Mike has landed no punches, while Foreman is throwing brutal jabs and occasional right hooks. A freakish looping right hand catches Mike and sends him to the canvas for a 6 count at the end of the first round.

The 2nd round starts off the same as the 1st round, but Foreman is throwing less jabs and more straight rights and lefts. Tyson is busted wide open from a left hook, and George winds up and throws a blistering uppercut that lifts Tyson off his feet. Tyson gets up barely at the 9, and George throws more bombs at Mike: uppercuts, body shots, hooks until the ref steps in and saves Mike of his life.

# 5: Mike Tyson vs Jack Johnson

Though Jack Johnson was roughly 32 when he fought the “Boiler Maker” in 1910, there is little doubt that he was in the best shape of his career for that fight, so we’ll use this Johnson to pair with Tyson. At the time, Johnson had a record of 57-6-12 (34) with 17 ND, according to the Cyber Boxing Zone. Johnson was to defense what Tyson was to offense and then some. The “Galveston Giant” had the ability to parry off incoming blows with his gloves while the punches were in mid-flight, a technique that has been lost with the annals of time, or maybe no one else could do it. In addition to his punch-blocking abilities, Jack was not afraid to tie you up on the inside either and was quite strong in the clinches, despite his 190 lb frame. He also had a snake-like jab that he could turn into a powerful hook, should he feel the punch would serve him better. In short, Johnson was everything that would drive Tyson nuts in the ring and cause him to give in to frustration.

Tyson, as always, would start off fast, looking to catch Johnson with a fusillade of hooks and uppercuts; but would run into a major problem with Johnson’s wide stance and ready posture. Johnson would repeatedly reach and unashamedly grab Mike as “Kid Dynamite” bull-rushed him and hold and muscle the younger man around the ring until the referee separated the two. The audience would soon realize this is not going to be an exciting match as Johnson would stop every onslaught as soon as it started. As we saw with the Smith, Tucker, Douglas, and Holyfield bouts, once frustrated, Tyson willingly gives in to being clinched on the inside. It would be no different with Johnson. Over the course of the fight, Johnson would pick and choose his shots and eventually walk away with a relatively easy, if not boring, fifteen-round decision.

Most of your predictions are pretty good.Infact just about all of them are Skydog.But Johnson is to small and weak to do anything to Tyson.Johnson was knocked out in 3 rounds by a 170 pound fighter.Johnsons chin was pretty poor.Johnson never faced anybody nearly as explosive as Tyson was.Tyson by knockout when ever he lands a decent punch.

Comment

dude just becuase you dont like mike tyson you dont have to purposely make up the most ignorant fight scenarios i have ever heard. any smart guy like bert sugar or the likes would easily differ with you on the jack johnson fight. Why do you have him losing every fight do you not know how good he was? Or how long yourself have you boxed?

Comment

foreman would take tyson in round 1 cuz tyson would puss out against the most powerful hands in history.everyone knows tyson doesnt even have alittle heart.

Comment

well what you guys are taking is the tyson that fought mcbride and pitting him against the greatest fighters at there primes...how about tyson in his prime like a year or 2 before losing Rooney

Comment

Tyson was 23 or 24 when Douglas knocked him stupid.Being with Rooney or not didnt make Tyson have a better chin or have heart.Foreman would always crush Tyson and Tyson knew this that is why he ducked him.
            But Tyson would crush Johnson with ease.

Comment

I also believe that Frazier and Foreman would defeat Tyson.

I am not sure about Johnson. I have only seen clips of him fighting, but he is rumored to have had a weak chin, and this could easily spell disaster against a prime Mike Tyson. But one must also remember that he was one of the best defensive fighters of all time, and I would not be surprised if he managed to tie up Tyson and beat him by a boring decision like predicted here.

I guess it all comes down to Mike Tysons abilty to connect early. Considering his incredible speed and explosiveness in the late 80s, I say he would.

Mike Tyson by ko1.

Comment

Originally posted by M26
                I also believe that Frazier and Foreman would defeat Tyson.

I am not sure about Johnson. I have only seen clips of him fighting, but he is rumored to have had a weak chin, and this could easily spell disaster against a prime Mike Tyson. But one must also remember that he was one of the best defensive fighters of all time, and I would not be surprised if he managed to tie up Tyson and beat him by a boring decision like predicted here.

I guess it all comes down to Mike Tysons abilty to connect early. Considering his incredible speed and explosiveness in the late 80s, I say he would.

Mike Tyson by ko1.

I Have to agree Foreman and Frazier both would probably beat Tyson.

Comment

Im going to have to go with Tyson over Frazier. Joe was an extremely slow starter, which was evident in both Foreman fights, and Frazier-Bonavena 1. Tyson, is a VERY fast starter, which is evident in his 22 knockouts in the first round.

For his fight with Johnson, Johnson was a very good fighter, and perhaps the best defensive heavyweight ever, but he didnt have a great chin and was stopped to my knowledge (on the flip side, he fought about 105 times) Tyson comes out throwing punches with bad intentions and hurts and dropps Johnson early in the first round and again in the third. Tyson continues to dominate going into the 8th, where Johnson starts to take control. But Tyson had won enough early rounds to take the UD.

About his fight with Foreman, i see Tyson stopping him in 7. While a young Foreman had a granite chin, power, and heart, he left himself open quite often, and i see Tyson knocking him out with counterpunches.

Comment

Like I explained earlier, Tyson would underestimate Joe's right hand like Quarry did in their second fight. And Joe punished Quarry with that right hand. Tyson would realize that the right hand is doing a hell of a lot of damage, and would cover up the right side more, leaving some room for the deadly hooks to come in.

Comment

Working...
                    X