Collapse
No announcement yet.

My robbery/fight at the Ringside Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you won. He was coming in too close and you had to put your arms out, even though you have headgear it's natural to want to keep the opponents head away from you. It looked like you knocked him down twice, the last one from a right to the side of the head and the first from a left hook. I didnt think it was excessive holding.

Comment

You lost because of the points deducted, otherwise you would have won fairly comfortably on points.
      You were lucky to have not been disqualified for holding, you were given at least three warnings, at higher level you would have been DQd. You need to at least give the impression you are trying to throw punches, dont "rest" your hands on the opponents hip/waist because it will be seen as holding, keep you head up and practice infighting.
      That KO was great.
      You could have got some easy points if you DOUBLE YOUR JAB.
      Watch the swinging punches, remember you need to land with the knuckle area or they wont count.
      Another thing, DONT put your hands up after a knockdown like that, the fight is not over. The main reason is that judges dont like it, the ref doesnt like it, and hell I dont even like it! and if the judges dont like it they are likely to score against you in a close fight. If you win then by all means do backflips from the top rope, but AFTER the decision, not before. This is amateur boxing, not pro.
      Look at the Roy Jones olympic final and how he conducted himself and you might see why the decision went against him (between each round he returned to his corner with his hands up in the air). The amateur judges want you to be an example of a clean, fair, respectful athlete, they dont like showy stuff.
      Last edited by Trrmo; 08-22-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
        You lost because of the points deducted, otherwise you would have won fairly comfortably on points.
        You were lucky to have not been disqualified for holding, you were given at least three warnings, at higher level you would have been DQd. You need to at least give the impression you are trying to throw punches, dont "rest" your hands on the opponents hip/waist because it will be seen as holding, keep you head up and practice infighting.
        That KO was great.
        You could have got some easy points if you DOUBLE YOUR JAB.
        Watch the swinging punches, remember you need to land with the knuckle area or they wont count.
        Another thing, DONT put your hands up after a knockdown like that, the fight is not over. The main reason is that judges dont like it, the ref doesnt like it, and hell I dont even like it! and if the judges dont like it they are likely to score against you in a close fight. If you win then by all means do backflips from the top rope, but AFTER the decision, not before. This is amateur boxing, not pro.
        Look at the Roy Jones olympic final and how he conducted himself and you might see why the decision went against him (between each round he returned to his corner with his hands up in the air). The amateur judges want you to be an example of a clean, fair, respectful athlete, they dont like showy stuff
        and thats why amateur boxing is inferior to pro boxing. People want to be entertained. Amateur officials are just out of touch and boring. With all the rules and point scoring system we have to fight under these days, am boxing is turning into fencing. Boxing is a showy, flashy sport where people can run their mouths and play to the crowd, not only do the officials want to get rid of that, but they have basically eradicated infighting and bodywork from am boxing. I know im ranting a bit off topic here, but the officials are frustrating and annoying with all their rules and ettiquette.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
          and thats why amateur boxing is inferior to pro boxing. People want to be entertained. Amateur officials are just out of touch and boring. With all the rules and point scoring system we have to fight under these days, am boxing is turning into fencing. Boxing is a showy, flashy sport where people can run their mouths and play to the crowd, not only do the officials want to get rid of that, but they have basically eradicated infighting and bodywork from am boxing. I know im ranting a bit off topic here, but the officials are frustrating and annoying with all their rules and ettiquette.
          Yes and no, you can do the flashy stuff when you turn pro, I dont like the scoring comp system either but the best show an amateur boxer can put on is great boxing skills.

Comment

heres another one I just found, Kostya at 18 years

Comment

Originally posted by King James III View Post
              actually I dont know...someone told me 2 points
              You aren't deducted 2 points. 2 points are added to your opponents score.

Comment

Originally posted by King James III View Post
                U can be the judge of who won this fight. I didnt know it was legal in AM boxing to fight twice in one day, but this was my second fight the first day of the tourney the first was at 11 am and this fight was at 6 pm. The ref took 4 points for holding, two of them were warnings. he told me afterwards that warnings are point deduction( never heard of that ****). Enjoy lol and pleez comment

Sorry, cant watch it with that flashing trial thing. Convert it with ffmpeg or mpegstreamclip and reupload it

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
                  Yes and no, you can do the flashy stuff when you turn pro, I dont like the scoring comp system either but the best show an amateur boxer can put on is great boxing skills.
                  thx for those Zoo vids, dude had very good boxing ability and reflexes.

Comment

Yea i admit it was alot of holding....just not only on my part he didnt even get a warning. They said it was 13-10 so even without the point deductions he would have won

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      you aren't deducted 2 points. 2 points are added to your opponents score.
                      holy **** u serious?!@?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                      X