No announcement yet.

Wearing Contacts while boxing?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Contacts while boxing?????

I know its dumb, but i know someone who always used to get hhis ass kicked in sparring sessions. He wore glasses, and claimed he couldn't see in the ring. But he recently got contacts, and now he's like 30 times better. Should he continue wearing contacts in the ring?

Originally posted by popsikal
    I know its dumb, but i know someone who always used to get hhis ass kicked in sparring sessions. He wore glasses, and claimed he couldn't see in the ring. But he recently got contacts, and now he's like 30 times better. Should he continue wearing contacts in the ring?
    yeah till one gets punched out, then he spends 5 hours looking for it.
    i use glasses but i've never worn contacts in the ring

Comment

He says he has back ups

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal
        He says he has back ups
        yeah but contacts aint all that cheap

Comment

I remember when they stopped a fight so they could search for a contact. Tell him to forget boxing if he can't see any better than that......

Comment

i wear contacts doesnt bother me at all...cept today i had an infection from sleepign with it...so one good shot and i couldnt open my right eye...but other then that mines never pop out...maybe he jsut sucks

Comment

I wear daily disposable contacts and i wear them for boxing

With the very rare occasions one comes out, i bring a few backup contacts.

I would recommend only wearing disposable contacts when boxing because they are near impossible to find afterwards

Comment

reading these comments are a huge relief for me, as I wear contacts and I've been worrying about what Im going to do once i start sparring.

Comment

A lot of guys spar and even fight wearing contacts. Judah I know for sure wore contacts as a pro. You just need to bring a second pair if one gets knocked out.

Contacts are cheap. Cost aboue the same as a box of condoms so thats cheap enough to me :P

Comment

are you sure?..contacts arent cheap...it cost 40 bucks a box...

everytime one pops out i jsut put them back in..i dont have back up ones

Comment

Working...
                    X