Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
    LMAO @ DLH, Bradley and Marg for Pac. Floyd toyed with Marquez so that leaves only 4 for Pac. Even.

Not to mention Floyd fights them coming off wins not losses like Pac.

Floyd>>>>>>
    I made a real post and I backed up my point of view with a break down.
    You replied with a stupid troll post that means nothing.

it's not hard to see why you've been on BS almost 3 years and you're still in Red K.

don't waste my time with stupidity. I'm actually trying to discuss boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Manny Pacquiao

-Barrera
      -JMM (who a lot of people didn't want to fight)
      -Morales
      -Morales II (after losing in a war, he fought him again)
      -JMM II (after many people thought Marquez won, Pacuqiao took a risk and fought him again)
      -ODLH (considered a horrible cherry pick at the time since DLH had gotten titles at MW and Pacquiao only had 1 fight at LW)
      Miguel Cotto (even with the CW it was considered a big risk)
      Margarito(even after a lose Margarito had a huge size advantage)
      Bradley (Young prime undefeated boxer with good technical abilities)
      Marquez IV (the 3rd fight was a cherry pick but the 4th wasn't even with a size advantage facing a guy that had arguably beat him 2-3 times was a risk)

Pacquiao =10

Floyd Mayweather

-Hernandez (Floyd's age and first title fight)
      -Corrales
      -Castillo II (After arguably losing to Castillo he rematched him)
      -ODLH (moving up in weight, not that big of a risk)

Floyd = 4

that's pretty much it. Only Trout, Martinez or Canelo fights would be risks.
      Guerrero wouldn't. Maybe that speaks of Mayweather's skills and greatness or his great cherry picking skills + hype. Like trying to make a shot Cotto seem 2nd prime'd and undefeated, calling Ortiz the quitter a "Young hungry Lion"etc
      Great post, I like how you actually explain why you say what you say unlike 98% of posters on here! Would give you some green, but I have to spread some first! Also, I agree with this.

People seem to forget that everyone said ODLH cherrypicked Pacquiao.

Comment

this is a ridiculous question, it isnt even close. Manny continously fought bigger men, Floyd has never taken a risky fight in his whole life. He is a chicken

Comment

Well Manny beat Mosley before Floyd, Bob Arum said that Mosley was back in his prime and was a legit threat for Manny Pacquiao.

Manny also beat Antonio Margarito who was ranked the Number 2 fighter in the world and was more dangerous than Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez at the time who was also calling out Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Across their entire careers, I'd say Pacquaio.

Reasonably close but still, it's Pacquaio.

Comment

Pacquiao has taken the more risky fights. I don't even think its arguable.

Comment

Pretty equal imo

Comment

Answer me a question though, the whole word in 2011 was saying that Shane Mosley was shot, Pacfans, Floyd Fans, Boxing Media....

So Pac has a choice of fighting Mosley, Berto (Undefeated WBO champ at the time), and Paul Williams who was saying he would come down in weight....

Why did Manny fight Mosley?

Comment

Manny and its not close.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Well Manny beat Mosley before Floyd, Bob Arum said that Mosley was back in his prime and was a legit threat for Manny Pacquiao.

Manny also beat Antonio Margarito who was ranked the Number 2 fighter in the world and was more dangerous than Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez at the time who was also calling out Manny Pacquiao.

Floyd beat Mosley before Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X