Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Angulo A Viable Opponent For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard puncher but Very Slow, Questionable Chin(got hurt multiple times against a welterweight), Becomes Fatigued Very Quick, And has no head movement what so ever. Angulo would be a punching bag for Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Don't believe that nonsense bro. Angulo hit that kid with an iron pipe, a sledge hammer & a wrecking ball. Does it ever occur to the average fight fan that maybe the kid yesterday was simply 1 tough bastard??

If you even follow that guys logic, since Trout didn't look good against Rodriguez, then he didn't stand a chance vs Cotto. However by that very same logic, why would someone give ginger any credit for looking great against Lopez, or grandpa Mosley??
      Him not knocking out his opponent wasn't a problem for me. Angulo just seemed slower than usual and was lacking that snap to his shots. He was moving like he had the whole weight of the world on his shoulders, looked stressed the fuck out in there. Perro has to continue working on his jab and foot-work, and his conditioning coach gotta do something different.

I know Canelo's defense ain't nuthin to write home about, but he's definitely faster than Angulo and throws almost every shot with authority. I think Canelo/Angulo would come down to conditioning though. Angulo is suspect in that area, but so is Canelo. Whoever tires out first is at the mercy of their opponent.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 12-16-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Him not knocking out his opponent wasn't a problem for me. Angulo just seemed slower than usual and was lacking that snap to his shots. He was moving like he had the whole weight of the world on his shoulders, looked stressed the fuck out in there. Perro has to continue working on his jab and foot-work, and his conditioning coach gotta do something different.
        I wasn't attacking you bro. I've never seen Angulo looking snappy. However he does throw very short punches. what I'm saying is that Angulo fought a very tough tough fighter. And I'd go as far as to say that he'd have danced through ginger's resume with no losses, or draws & more ko's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I wasn't attacking you bro. I've never seen Angulo looking snappy. However he does throw very short punches. what I'm saying is that Angulo fought a very tough tough fighter. And I'd go as far as to say that he'd have danced through ginger's resume with no losses, or draws & more ko's.
          I deeply agree with this....

Comment

Yes it would be his 1st real fight

Comment

canelo would knock him out within 6-8 rounds.

Comment

I don't think he is, not right now. It doesn't look like he's "back" yet.

Comment

if angulo was next, it'd be the "fighter X looked like shit, we'll fight him now" move. that could always backfire, but i don't think it will in this case. angulo needs more fights to work his way to the top and earn a title shot. trout, lara, martirosyan, molina, and mayweather are the only guys i'm interested in seeing alvarez face right now. realistically it's between cotto and mayweather though.

Comment

WTF??? The Yes's are winning! smgdh

Comment

I would like to see this happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X