Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Whitaker be remembered most for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I couldn't stand it either. Maybe I should watch him again to become more appreciative like you. I haven't done that.

Comment

His "draw" with Chavez was merely an aspect, a terrible one, but an aspect all the same. I would characterize that fight as an undeniable blemish, a stain not on just Pernell's record but boxing's good name. And once again we had the involvement of a controversial promoter, "Don King."

What felt so terrible about that draw was that perfection was denied in favor of politics and process. Anyone that cared about the sport saw something that was blatant but necessary in the machinations of Don King. We saw the ugly truth of what winning means to some and the lengths they will go to.

Whitaker was beautiful to watch.
      Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Great fighter...One of the best defensive fighter of all time...the guy who schooled the **** out of chavez sr

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
          His "draw" with Chavez was merely an aspect, a terrible one, but an aspect all the same. I would characterize that fight as an undeniable blemish, a stain not on just on Pernell's record but boxing's good name. And once again we have the involvement of a controversial promoter, "Don King."

What felt so terrible about that draw was that perfection was denied in favor of politics and process. Anyone that cared about the sport saw something that was blatant but necessary in the machinations of Don King. We saw the ugly truth of what winning eans to some and the lengths they will go to.

Whitaker was beautiful to watch.

Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I'll check it out later. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I'll check it out later. Thank you.
              Anytime, Bat.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Well put.