Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i like jose benavidez but when is he going to fight stiffer opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT ANYTIME SOON!

Probably won't see him step up the competition for another 2-3 years

Comment

They are padding his record right now. He will win a vacant title at about 20 wins. Continue fighting crap until 25-30 wins. Once he gets there, he will step up in competition.

Unlike other's here. I don't see much in Benavidez. He will make that transition in opposition and end up like Juanma and/or Cotto. First "real" opponent and he gets owned.

Comment

i dont think they should pad his record too much, he should fight better opponents right now gradually and so on, you dont want him to be overwhelmed when one day BOOM he walks into a tough opponent way better than any he has faced

Im not talking turning him into Fernando Vargas but also not turning him into a joke like Chavez Jr and his padded record. If this guy is the future, why not bring him up like MAyweather? He wasnt brought up too fast or too slow, these are the records of guys he fought around 15 pro fights

Mayweather's opponents around 15 pro fights
        17-4
        8-1
        20-7

So within the next few fights, they should gradually get better competition...

Comment

If Jessie Vargas (yes I know different promoter) was put out there they should put Jose out there. Deffinatly better than Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
            If Jessie Vargas (yes I know different promoter) was put out there they should put Jose out there. Deffinatly better than Vargas.
            This right here...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
              hes 19 years old going on 20 here. and fighting guys with bad records. just wondering when hes going to fight a guy with a stiff one
              although he's still young he's really talented for his age. i don't expect him to have to go and fight for a world title right away, but i agree that he does need to start fighting much better competition.
              Last edited by Bermuda; 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Jose seems to be somewhat struggling with limited competition. If he was destroying these guys without breaking a sweat he might have been stepping up soon.

His handlers think he still needs to work on things before he can take the next step.

Andre Ward took a similar road early on.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Jose seems to be somewhat struggling with limited competition. If he was destroying these guys without breaking a sweat he might have been stepping up soon.

His handlers think he still needs to work on things before he can take the next step.

Andre Ward took a similar road early on.
                  thats the thing.............

jose is struggling with these "bums"

most people here haven't watched his last few fights..............

Comment

Working...
                  X