No announcement yet.

Greatest MC of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    He was widely viewed as pop more than he was a rapper. I know his songs were often bunched in on rap/r&b charts, but depending on the country and city those same songs were on pop charts.
    You are literally proving my point of how great he was...

Falco transcended the Rap genre and made it as a mainstream popstar. That's how damn good he really was....

But make no mistake, he was always a rapper.
    In all his biggest songs, he raps....

Comment

• From the list Sean P is what I listen to regularly. What about DOOM? Kool Keith? Eyedea? Pharoahe Monch? These are some of my top rappers from the states.
      Will have to admit that I have been acquainted to some of the rappers on the poll more than others.

Edit: Gift of Gab?
      Last edited by 4Nujabes; 03-10-2018, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Tupac
        Nas
        Kendrick
        Jay Z
        OutKast
        Lupe
        Big KRIT
        Masta Ace
        Jadakiss
        Scarface.

Comment

• Slick Rick! his storytelling is masterful.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Nujabes View Post
            From the list Sean P is what I listen to regularly. What about DOOM? Kool Keith? Eyedea? Pharoahe Monch? These are some of my top rappers from the states.
            Will have to admit that I have been acquainted to some of the rappers on the poll more than others.

Edit: Gift of Gab?
            good call on Monch, he'd definitely be on the top 10 most underrated mc's maybe not the top 10 goats tho, doom and keith are great but not top 10.

Originally posted by DanHouser View Post
            Slick Rick! his storytelling is masterful.
            great shout!

Comment

• 2pac by far for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Military_Mind View Post
                2pac by far for me.
                More so than lil pump of takashi69?

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Cube???? Seriously????

lol no way, also i know Pun doesnt have a ton of albums, but what he released was pure gold, hell im still listening to the early demo stuff he did with Raekwon on Firewater,(think that was his first ever track?) and all the other guest appearances

Big L has much less tracks but he still deserves to be on the list.

Nas released what 4-5 more albums after illamatic? it was written was OK i guess, but the rest of it? its very meh.

quality over quantity IMO
                  How is Cube not the goat? Dude is one of the most impactful and influential mcs of all time. Dude has classics as a group and solo performer. One of his groups is in contention for the goat group. His songs inspired everyone on your list. List is trash with no Cube or KRS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                    How is Cube not the goat? Dude is one of the most impactful and influential mcs of all time. Dude has classics as a group and solo performer. One of his groups is in contention for the goat group. His songs inspired everyone on your list. List is trash with no Cube or KRS.
                    The thread isnt about being impactful or inspirational though, if it was a thread under that title then yes they would be on the list, however would you really argue that either of those guy's are better MC's than anyone on the list? because IMO clearly they are not, and btw i was a big fan KRS and his conscious lyrics, Admittedly i don't really rate Cube as a GOAT MC, IMO he's just shoutey and his flow sucks.
                    btw he didnt inspire everyone on the list, Rakim, Kane & Kool G were way before him and inspired far more great rappers.

Different strokes for different folks i guess, i mean when i was in school everyone was on emeinem's nutsack and i thought he sounded awful, like he had a wasp stuck in his throat or some ****.
                    Last edited by mlac; 07-08-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• THx so much!

Comment

Working...
                      X