No announcement yet.

Six California police officers fire shots at rapper asleep in car, killing him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    The man is probably startled because he is just waking up and hear strangers shouting at him. Of course his first instinct would be to grab his gun
    And there you have it.

We all have to deal with consequences with the choices we make. He put himself in that situation and his actions cost him his life (unless he was shot while he was asleep, as the title claims, which i doubt).

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      California

Doubtful he has a concealed carry permit

You cant carry guns in your car as well, it has to be in the trunk or locked up and unloaded

All of which is meaningless more than likely

99% this "rapper" is an ex convict, ex felon and the gun isnt legal
      Damn. Y'all basically have no rights what's the point of having a gun in your trunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Agreed.

As to carrying the firearm, it’s extremely likely this guy would still be alive if he didn’t have the gun...

Play with fire, get burned. I always pass on guns. More trouble than they are worth.
        So basically they are taking away our second amendment right. It's like you can own a gun but if you are near cops your chances of being shot are 50%. Minorities it goes up to 70%.

Damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          I can’t think of any state that allows you to CC (or even open carry) while driving though. Even NH which has some of the most lax gun laws in the nation allow CC and OC basically everywhere except when you’re in your car (has to go in the glovebox)
          CT Law does not address the manner in which you can carry in your car(or on your person). It may be loaded on your person, openly or concealed, it can be in your center console, glove compartment. ..if you feel like reading about it..here ya go..

http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/law/firearms.htm

CT's "safe storage" laws if you're leaving the gun in the vehicle:

CGS Chapter 529 Section 29-37i:

Sec. 29-37i. (Formerly Sec. 29-37c). Responsibilities re storage of loaded firearms with respect to minors. No person shall store or keep any loaded firearm on any premises under his control if he knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the parent or guardian of the minor unless such person (1) keeps the firearm in a securely locked box or other container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or (2) carries the firearm on his person or within such close proximity thereto that he can readily retrieve and use it as if he carried it on his person. For the purposes of this section, "minor" means any person under the age of sixteen years.

Basically, the way I see it, just don't leave it in the car with a child if you do leave it there.

Comment

If you have a pistol permit you can carry any kind of gun, anywhere in your car loaded or unloaded. If you don't have a pistol permit, but are over 18, you can carry any long gun in your car loaded or unloaded, anywhere in your car concealed or not.

This is for CT.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              CT Law does not address the manner in which you can carry in your car(or on your person). It may be loaded on your person, openly or concealed, it can be in your center console, glove compartment. ..if you feel like reading about it..here ya go..

Sec. 29-37i. (Formerly Sec. 29-37c). Responsibilities re storage of loaded firearms with respect to minors. No person shall store or keep any loaded firearm on any premises under his control if he knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the parent or guardian of the minor unless such person (1) keeps the firearm in a securely locked box or other container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or (2) carries the firearm on his person or within such close proximity thereto that he can readily retrieve and use it as if he carried it on his person. For the purposes of this section, "minor" means any person under the age of sixteen years.

Basically, the way I see it, just don't leave it in the car with a child if you do leave it there.
              I'll give that a read, thanks.

Regardless though, we all know how bad California gun laws are, so it's safe to assume that having the biscuit in his lap wasn't kosher lol

Comment

sounds like a junkie who the fuck passes out in a drive through?

Although I think the cops didn't have to kill the guy but the guy/rapper put himself in that situation, created that situation, which in return had the consequences of having your life in other people hands.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                  So basically they are taking away our second amendment right. It's like you can own a gun but if you are near cops your chances of being shot are 50%. Minorities it goes up to 70%.

Damn shame.
                  Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  California

Doubtful he has a concealed carry permit

You cant carry guns in your car as well, it has to be in the trunk or locked up and unloaded

All of which is meaningless more than likely

99% this "rapper" is an ex convict, ex felon and the gun isnt legal

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I'll give that a read, thanks.

Regardless though, we all know how bad California gun laws are, so it's safe to assume that having the biscuit in his lap wasn't kosher lol
                    Basically.

I just don't understand why they had to shoot to kill tho.

Comment

Passed out drunk driving with a gun in n your lap at a Taco Bell drive thru.

Cops wake you up, you don’t follow instructions, and get shot and killed.

Where’s the problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X