No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs' HBO Deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    GGG has mandatories to honor after Canelo or he's goin for Saunders.
    Who knows what Canelo will do. Canelo is not gonna fight someone he doesn't have too, especially if they have no hardware.
    Okay, but tell me what he's doing on the PBC side of things?

I'd speculate fighting once every 9 months vs equal or lesser opponents than he's fighting now & not being on GGG's or Canelo's shortlist at all? HBO>PBC for Jacobs.

Comment

Danny Jacobs will be fighting
      Maciej Sulecki.. U heard it here first

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Okay, but tell me what he's doing on the PBC side of things?

I'd speculate fighting once every 9 months vs equal or lesser opponents than he's fighting now & not being on GGG's or Canelo's shortlist at all? HBO>PBC for Jacobs.
        Even when Jacobs wasn't fighting he was announcing so he was in the public eye whenever Showtime had a event.

And he doesn't have any hardware it's gonna be hard to leverage a fight with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
          Danny Jacobs will be fighting
          Maciej Sulecki.. U heard it here first
          Sulecki is fighting Vanes.

Comment

It sure sounds like it.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Lmao he ****ed up big time. Never hop on a sinking ship(hbo). They had the Arias/Jacobs press conference in the back of a restaurant lol
              Wheee should they have had it? Msg for two nobodies?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Even when Jacobs wasn't fighting he was announcing so he was in the public eye whenever Showtime had a event.

And he doesn't have any hardware it's gonna be hard to leverage a fight with Canelo.
                Fighting is whats paying the bills for him doe not announcing. Being seen isn't necessarily result in him being paid.

And I don't disagree Canelo is a longer shot than GGG, but Canelo is a much longer shot & so is GGG with Jacobs with PBC. Plus as mentioned he'll be more active it seems like.

In 2.5yrs with PBC he had 5 fights. In 6 months with Hearn he's got his 2nd fight scheduled now.

Comment

Beats fighting once a year

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    But just the other day Team Jacobs was talking about leaving middleweight and going after Truax for the super middleweight title. Which is that is their desire, why did you leave the universe that controls the WBC & IBF super middleweight titles to join the universe that controls zero super middleweight titles?

If Jacobs was planning on staying at middleweight long term, okay, going to HBO might make some sense, but if he already wants to leave the weight class, leaving SHO was a horrible decision.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      But just the other day Team Jacobs was talking about leaving middleweight and going after Truax for the super middleweight title. Which is that is their desire, why did you leave the universe that controls the WBC & IBF super middleweight titles to join the universe that controls zero super middleweight titles?

If Jacobs was planning on staying at middleweight long term, okay, going to HBO might make some sense, but if he already wants to leave the weight class, leaving SHO was a horrible decision.
                      The Truax thing is just an opportunity thing. Haymon is still Danny's advisor, Danny just no longer fights on PBC and is the first Haymon fighter to sign with HBO I believe. Truax is a Haymon fighter; why not try to poach an easy belt 8 lbs up? No better way to keep the shine on his name for the potential Canelo/GGG fights.

If Chunky had done what he was supposed to and kept that belt, I'm certain Jacobs wouldn't have mentioned the move up. The Warren-Hearn beef would have made it impossible to make, anyway. No way is Jacobs leaving Canelo and GGG rematch $$$ for what.. David Benavidez and Gilberto Ramirez PBC $$$? Nah, he made the right move to go with HBO and Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X