Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do boxers fight a bunch of cans for an inflated, unbelievable, hype, fake record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do boxers fight a bunch of cans for an inflated, unbelievable, hype, fake record?

What is the point of that? wouldn't the sport draw more interest if it wasn't filled with 95% can crushing?
    Last edited by IcantReadYEAHHH; 03-19-2018, 04:33 PM.

i dont know, send al haymon an email and ask him.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't ask Wilder's fans because they basically think it is the golden rule hahah. Fight as many bums as you can, win a belt, and then parade around like you are the best ever

Comment

Because 99% of people in the world and 99.9% of boxing fans are ******ed and compare records in number of wins/losses/draws etc.

Some boxers accomplish more in 10 fights than what others do at 30.

It's much easier to promote an undefeated fighter with a massive win streak because when they announce their record, they don't mention that their opponents had negative records and were pub fighters with records like 12 wins 158 losses

Comment

Because there’s more than five fighters per weight class unlike mma

Comment

For the fighters they gain experience and confidence, matching with different styles, different looks as they gradually build their profile and hype for fans. Promoters groom (no pedo) their fighters for success. All they're interested in is a return on their investment. They're basically pimps as they grow a clientele for their man - us the fans. Except we stay getting f----d over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
              Whatever you do, don't ask Wilder's fans because they basically think it is the golden rule hahah. Fight as many bums as you can, win a belt, and then parade around like you are the best ever
              I was thinking that. The same fans that give Loma **** for his career and resume are the one's going nuts over Wilder. Lomachenko's first 3 fights > Wilder's entire resume. His 11 fights > Most current fighters.

I think most fighters it is essential to help pad their record and bring them along slowly as they are improving their technique and in the gym but it's important to build them up without padding their records too much. Wilder's has been overkill.

Comment

Ask Wilder.

Comment

Ask Gennady Golovkin and his ******ed trainer Abel

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    I was thinking that. The same fans that give Loma **** for his career and resume are the one's going nuts over Wilder. Lomachenko's first 3 fights > Wilder's entire resume. His 11 fights > Most current fighters.

I think most fighters it is essential to help pad their record and bring them along slowly as they are improving their technique and in the gym but it's important to build them up without padding their records too much. Wilder's has been overkill.
                    Doesn't Wilder have like virtually no amateur fights?

Comment

Working...
                    X