Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG beats Canelo, should he face BJS or Charlo next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If GGG beats Canelo, should he face BJS or Charlo next?

Because of the whole other thread;

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0#post18482730

I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

*Now this is IF GGG beats Canelo. I had GGG winning the first fight, but I'm not going to shout robbery - the only problem I had was the 118-110 score. I think Canelo will win the rematch.*

For me personally, I think BJS is the next logical step. Why?

1. He has a belt - this fight will be to completely unify a division.

2. This fight was supposed to happen ages ago, for many reasons it hasn't happened yet.

3. BJS is now on a blaze since dedicating himself to training and a strict diet under Dominic Ingle and is looking the best he has ever been.

4. He is a PROVEN, natural middleweight.

5. Not too relevant, but he beat Monroe Jr, Lemieux, and is now facing Martin Murray (all 3 opponents that GGG has beaten) all in a row.

Charlo would make a good fight for sure - but he only just arrived at MW. The way I see it is that there are quite a few big JMWs, a few that are even bigger than most the top guys at MW, so the onus was on them all these years to move up and face GGG.

Moving up after GGG has finally made a name for himself and become a bigger money fight since Canelo sort of rubs me the wrong way, I see it as cutting in line almost.

Plus, there is the Jacobs rematch which is legitimate considering how tough of a fight that was.

Adding a poll so I know where boxing fans stand on this argument - BJS or Charlo for next fight?
    Billy Joe Saunders (lineal unification)
    90.16%
    Jermall Charlo
    9.84%
    Last edited by 'b'; 02-13-2018, 07:14 AM.

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    Because of the whole other thread (the DBN one) I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

*Now this is IF GGG beats Canelo. I had GGG winning the first fight, but I'm not going to shout robbery - the only problem I had was the 118-110 score. I think Canelo will win the rematch.*

2. This fight was supposed to happen ages ago, for many reasons it hasn't happened yet.

3. BJS is now on a blaze since dedicating himself to training and a strict diet under Dominic Ingle and is looking the best he has ever been.

5. Not too relevant, but he beat Monroe Jr, Lemieux, and is now facing Martin Murray (all 3 opponents that GGG has beaten) all in a row.

Charlo would make a good fight for sure - but he only just arrived at MW. The way I see it is that there are quite a few big JMWs, a few that are even bigger than most the top guys at MW, so the onus was on them all these years to move up and face GGG.

Moving up after GGG has finally made a name for himself and become a bigger money fight since Canelo sort of rubs me the wrong way, I see it as cutting in line almost.

Plus, there is the Jacobs rematch which is legitimate considering how tough of a fight that was.

Adding a poll so I know where boxing fans stand on this argument - BJS or Charlo for next fight?
    The question is if Bummelo will acknowledge the WBC and its fee. Bummelo would only unify the belts with Saunders without the WBC so it’s not for undisputed. This is all Suleyman to blame.

It actually makes better ground for 160 and make everything difficult. With HBO, Jacobs and Andrade could hound Char broiled for the WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
      The question is if Bummelo will acknowledge the WBC and its fee. Bummelo would only unify the belts with Saunders without the WBC so it’s not for undisputed. This is all Suleyman to blame.

It actually makes better ground for 160 and make everything difficult. With HBO, Jacobs and Andrade could hound Char broiled for the WBC.
      Thread title:

"If GGG beats Canelo...."

Comment

Whoever he fights, he'll be accused of ducking the guy he didn't fight. But if he fights BJS instead of Charlo, the accusations will be worse because of the ongoing race war on NSB and that's not even debatable. It's pretty stupid since Golovkin never ducked anyone but has been ducked by a few fighters (not quite as many as his buttlickers claim).

That said-- I don't have a problem with fighting either guy, although it would be awesome to watch Golovkin make that loudmouth ***** crap his trunks with body shots. BJS has held his belt hostage, ducking top fighters while talking crap trying to make it look like he was the one being ducked. I think it's time he gets humbled.

EDIT: I get the feeling that IF Golovkin beats Canelo convincingly, BJS will avoid the fight.

Comment

If he wins I think he'll fight Saunders and then retire, that's fine because it's a fight to become undisputed and I can't blame him if he retires on top after that because he's getting on a bit. If he loses to Canelo then I think he retires as well.

No doubt a Charlo fight is interesting, if he did carry on fighting at 160 after beating Canelo and Saunders without fighting Charlo then it's clearly a duck.

Comment

Don’t worry boys. Bummelo will continue to get yet another debt from previous champions avoiding Triple Gee for now its “Bummelo is ducking Charlo.”

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              Because of the whole other thread;

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0#post18482730

I'd just like to gauge what the hardcore fans really want.

no need for this fantasy scenarios, he aint beating canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                no need for this fantasy scenarios, he aint beating canelo...
                I agree. He got robbed the first around and my guess is that he'll get robbed again.

Comment

Canelo or GGG the winner should fight BJS next

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I agree. He got robbed the first around and my guess is that he'll get robbed again.
                    no robbery on close fights, but he needs to win 7 clear rounds to beat canelo, 5 clear rounds and 2 or 3 close ones wont do it in vegas vs canelo, he didnt get 7 clear or dominant rounds the first time, and i dont see how he gets them the second time..

Comment

Working...
                    X