No announcement yet.

Online Degrees?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badblood View Post
    I found some online "degrees" for low cost but I'm pretty sure it wont work in the work place.
    It may not have a 100% success rate but it works

Comment

just about as valuable as a regular degree...worthless

if your dont have expertise and competence, you aint worth two ****s in society and you probably cant get a job

My advice, get an education in science and technology.

Comment

They're useless. Resumes from people with online degrees get ripped in half. Shows the person was too lazy to go college. Nothing beats the experience of attending 4 years of college[or more, like Master's etc.], don't forget the networking/friends you make in college. An online degree can't get you the contacts and hook ups for internships and other jobs that you can get by actually going to college.

Let's not ignore this next one, what girls are you going to meet while getting an online degree? Good luck with that one.

If you're old and have nothing going for you, go ahead and get an online degree, it's better than nothing. If you're young, like teens-30s, and you want a college degree, then actually go to college.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          University of Phoenix, DeVry, Shorter, Strayer, etc....

ALL ABSOLUTELY USELESS.
          Not true.

Devry is Regionally accredited, just like the University of Illinois, Purdue and many other Div. I universities.

I can't say the same about Univ of Phoenix, Strayer, ect... They're all Nationally accredited.

Huge difference, look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Not true.

Devry is Regionally accredited, just like the University of Illinois, Purdue and many other Div. I universities.

I can't say the same about Univ of Phoenix, Strayer, ect... They're all Nationally accredited.

Huge difference, look it up.
            Oh my god, did you actually put DeVry in the same light/sentence as Purdue?! That is a tier 2 university and is renowned for it's many engineering programs. DeVry has late-night informercials.

It's not hard for an institution to get accreditation, I mean look at community colleges lol.

University of Phoenix, DeVry, Strayer etc... are what you call "For profit" colleges and as such have really negative stigma when it comes to laying your "degree" in front of an employer. More often than not companies chuckle when they see them on resumes.
            Last edited by WarriorSoul; 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              Oh my god, did you actually put DeVry in the same light/sentence as Purdue?! That is a tier 2 university and is renowned for it's many engineering programs. DeVry has late-night informercials.

It's not hard for an institution to get accreditation, I mean look at community colleges lol.

University of Phoenix, DeVry, Strayer etc... are what you call "For profit" colleges and as such have really negative stigma when it comes to laying your "degree" in front of an employer. More often than not companies chuckle when they see them on resumes.
              So why do you think Unversity of Illinois, Arizona and many others accept most credits from Devry and not the others?

Comment

So why do you think Unversity of Illinois, Arizona and many others accept most credits from Devry and not the others?
                What others? Don't be mistaken, Devry is in the category of "for profit" schools amongst those others you're probably referring to.

Just look up the school's history, there have been class action lawsuits and fines in the US and Canada for poor educational quality and job preparation because so many of their graduates were being turned away for jobs

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                  What others? Don't be mistaken, Devry is in the category of "for profit" schools amongst those others you're probably referring to.

Just look up the school's history, there have been class action lawsuits and fines in the US and Canada for poor educational quality and job preparation because so many of their graduates were being turned away for jobs
                  I have looked it up and I've seen just as many success stories as non success stories. It happens.

I've also seen students with Masters degrees from various State universities and still can't get a job in this economy.

But what I am telling you as a fact is the same State universities that you're talking about as being credible accept credits from Devry University as transferable. Obviously those State colleges evaluated Devry's courses and accepted the cirriculum.

Just see transfer.org. It's a website that allows you to see what classes are transferable from one University to the other. There are numerous classes from Devry's cirriculum that's transferable to other State universities; take your pick.

Another thing that I'm telling you is universities are based off accredidation. There's National (not so good), Regional (the best) and another that I forgot the name too. This is how universities maintain their name as a reliable source.

And no, not just "anyone" can be Regionally accredited.

You sure are typing a lot of non sense to supposedly be so educated on how universities work.

Fact of the matter is, this economy is schit. College grads are having a hard time finding work regardless of what college they graduate from. But my take is if you're going to go to a school, check their accredidation over everything. If you have experience to go with your online degree you can be just as competitive as actually going to class.

Comment

If you present a bogus degree in to a workplace in the states you will not be hired. Its better just saying I graduated high school then presenting a bogus degree.

Comment

LOL you're making an arguement about DeVry! Seriously?! And I'm typing a lot of nonsense?

You probably go to DeVry, which makes sense.

I have looked it up and I've seen just as many success stories as non success stories. It happens.

I've also seen students with Masters degrees from various State universities and still can't get a job in this economy.

But what I am telling you as a fact is the same State universities that you're talking about as being credible accept credits from Devry University as transferable. Obviously those State colleges evaluated Devry's courses and accepted the cirriculum.

Just see transfer.org. It's a website that allows you to see what classes are transferable from one University to the other. There are numerous classes from Devry's cirriculum that's transferable to other State universities; take your pick.

Another thing that I'm telling you is universities are based off accredidation. There's National (not so good), Regional (the best) and another that I forgot the name too. This is how universities maintain their name as a reliable source.

And no, not just "anyone" can be Regionally accredited.

You sure are typing a lot of non sense to supposedly be so educated on how universities work.

Fact of the matter is, this economy is schit. College grads are having a hard time finding work regardless of what college they graduate from. But my take is if you're going to go to a school, check their accredidation over everything. If you have experience to go with your online degree you can be just as competitive as actually going to class.

Comment

Working...
                      X