Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shawn Porter THE MOST BORING GUY IN BOXING?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruh Daniel Dubois, Joe Joyce...

Comment

His ''style'' is awful to watch but he's not ''boring''

Can anyone imagine the shltshow a Porter vs Horn would be ?!?!?

Comment

This appraisal strikes me as weirdly biased, as I can think ofa pretty much endless list of guys with a low key presence many would describe as equally "boring", if one's conception of "boring" is "not an obnoxious trainwreck of a human being", or, "not Adrian Broner". In no order Canelo, GGG, Pac, the gentleman in your own picture, Crawford, Spence (equally as "boring" as Crawford, despite popular belief), Jacobs, Sulecki, Derv, Bivol, Benavidez, Plant, Smith, Brant, Farmer, Cancio, Joshua, Kovalev, Munguia, Santa Cruz, Mikey, Hurd, Williams...on and on. All for the most part cordial, well spoken and down to earth guys lacking a real dynamic or memorable presence in a positive or negative sense, which translates to boring for some. Honestly you find that this is middle ground is very much the status quo when you filter out the divas, loudmouths, and class clowns. Porter strikes me as interchangeable with all these guys in that department. Are you sure you just don't dislike him on a primal level? Like you just can't stand his face or voice? That's honestly what this feels like.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is was boring af.

Comment

I don't know, I don't watch boxing for personalities lol

tf?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
              This appraisal strikes me as weirdly biased, as I can think ofa pretty much endless list of guys with a low key presence many would describe as equally "boring", if one's conception of "boring" is "not an obnoxious trainwreck of a human being", or, "not Adrian Broner". In no order Canelo, GGG, Pac, the gentleman in your own picture, Crawford, Spence (equally as "boring" as Crawford, despite popular belief), Jacobs, Sulecki, Derv, Bivol, Benavidez, Plant, Smith, Brant, Farmer, Cancio, Joshua, Kovalev, Munguia, Santa Cruz, Mikey, Hurd, Williams...on and on. All for the most part cordial, well spoken and down to earth guys lacking a real dynamic or memorable presence in a positive or negative sense, which translates to boring for some. Honestly you find that this is middle ground is very much the status quo when you filter out the divas, loudmouths, and class clowns. Porter strikes me as interchangeable with all these guys in that department. Are you sure you just don't dislike him on a primal level? Like you just can't stand his face or voice? That's honestly what this feels like.
              Great Post. As far as personality and mic skills go, I don't see what makes Porter anymore boring than 99% of boxers. Especially, not to the point where he alone should be called out.

Seems like the thread starter doesn't like Porter because he wants to not like him. He's not really sure why, so he chose the simplest reason he could think of.

Notice, he didn't respond to anyone in this thread. He just needed to put something that can be perceived as negative about Porter out into the world

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                Great Post. As far as personality and mic skills go, I don't see what makes Porter anymore boring than 99% of boxers. Especially, not to the point where he alone should be called out.

Seems like the thread starter doesn't like Porter because he wants to not like him. He's not really sure why, so he chose the simplest reason he could think of.

Notice, he didn't respond to anyone in this thread. He just needed to put something that can be perceived as negative about Porter out into the world
                That's definitely how I see Porter, not standing out in any particular sense. Neither a king of charisma nor a notorious jerk. The part at the end about a primal dislike wasn't even judgmental; I think we all have those people that we have a weird kneejerk aversion to for reasons that may not be clear even to us, but I agree the post does feel like sort of a reach to rationalize that kind of thing.

Comment

... Porter isn't boring -- he's just limited... (Brook showed it...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sustanon View Post
                    thats a disrespect for Floyd fans!!
                    Floyd still has the throne for The most Boring Ever!
                    Nah. Floyd's interesting. Floyd's the self proclaimed "best ever" but he's as insecure as a junior high school kid at their first dance, Floyd posts photos of himself surrounded by money and just last week he posted the BoxRec listing of him as #1 boxer. It's cringe worthy but interesting as hell from a psychological perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X