Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis fought 9 people twice in his pro career.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis fought 9 people twice in his pro career.

here are the 9 people Joe Louis fought twice:
    Jersey Joe Walcott, Arturo Godoy, Max Schmeling, Billy Conn, Buddy Baer, Bob Pastor, Lee Ramage, Natie Brown, Abe Simon

pretty amazing that he rematched so many fighters, isn't it?
    Nowadays most fighters have a rematch with one guy or maybe with 2.

To be fair. The first Godoy, Walcott and Conn fights were close and he lost vs Schmeling. Those 4 rematches were definitely justified and most likely called for.

Comment

Don't expect any significant insight from the "this is the worst era of heavyweights evaar!' crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by He-Yung Do View Post
        Don't expect any significant insight from the "this is the worst era of heavyweights evaar!' crowd.
        what are you talking about? I can go way back in the Heavyweight champions. All the way back to.... to..... the great Riddick Bowe. That was like 100 years ago I think though............Rockin'

Comment

Fought Georgie Fitch all the time he was Joe's main spar partner for some time! Mr. Fitch was a helping hand in my gym in the 70s, very stubborn tuff old guy who scared the kids.................................on purpose hahaha!!!
          I liked him, he had one hell of a hand shake! Pretty good heavyweight too, fought alot of main go's and a few notible people too! Another New Haven native was Nathan Mann who fought George often in the old New Haven Arena! I think Mann fought Louis also!!! These were tuff men who were very serious about their boxing!!! Ray

Joe Louis's era looks good compared to this one (currently)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Fought Georgie Fitch all the time he was Joe's main spar partner for some time! Mr. Fitch was a helping hand in my gym in the 70s, very stubborn tuff old guy who scared the kids.................................on purpose hahaha!!!
            I liked him, he had one hell of a hand shake! Pretty good heavyweight too, fought alot of main go's and a few notible people too! Another New Haven native was Nathan Mann who fought George often in the old New Haven Arena! I think Mann fought Louis also!!! These were tuff men who were very serious about their boxing!!! Ray

Joe Louis's era looks good compared to this one (currently)
            How old are you Ray, if you don't mind me asking. And where is your gym located, I'd assume that you mess with the amateurs as well.

I had a guy working with me named Dave Mundy, he was a sparring partner for Ali. Hugest/strongest set of paws I have ever seen to this day............Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X