No announcement yet.

How much time do you waste at work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time do you waste at work?

I decided the other day to use a stop watch to time any "time wasting" activities at work such as going to the bathroom, nipping to the store, using facebook etc.

4 hours.

i dont work in an office

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      I decided the other day to use a stop watch to time any "time wasting" activities at work such as going to the bathroom, nipping to the store, using facebook etc.

4 hours.
      when i begin a new project or new training I take it real seriously and don't play around at least until training/probation is done and I have fully mastered the new skills/tasks/etc.

But once I start doing the same exact pattern over and over again it probably takes me about 6 months to lose interest and thats when i really start wasting time like your threads asking and I'm online shopping, surfing the net, writing emails, etc probably from 25% to 50% of the time I should be working.

I think for me I have to be constantly doing new things or learning new things if not I lose interest fast and I get distracted at work.

I think thats why I take on new major projects every 3 years or so

Comment

Don't work in a office.

Don't work, period.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          when i begin a new project or new training I take it real seriously and don't play around at least until training/probation is done and I have fully mastered the new skills/tasks/etc.

But once I start doing the same exact pattern over and over again it probably takes me about 6 months to lose interest and thats when i really start wasting time like your threads asking and I'm online shopping, surfing the net, writing emails, etc probably from 25% to 50% of the time I should be working.

I think for me I have to be constantly doing new things or learning new things if not I lose interest fast and I get distracted at work.

I think thats why I take on new major projects every 3 years or so
          It's the same here, I have got to the point in my job where I can easily get everything i need to done in half a day, the other half I just spend getting paid to goof off, I got into that kindle reader on my phone now, so that's killing time.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Don't work in a office.

Don't work, period.
          Get a job ya bum... and then slack off

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Don't work in a office.

Don't work, period.
            i thought you work in google office...

Comment

I work in a bar. So, none.

Comment

10-15 mins talking about sports. 10 mins bathroom. Other than that I work my ass off.

Comment

I waste alot of time at work, matter of fact I'm at work now.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    I waste alot of time at work, matter of fact I'm at work now.
                    I work from home.

Comment

Working...
                    X