Collapse
No announcement yet.

when fighters get knocked out like pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac wants to continue and if he can still do things i would like to see him as well. But you can never tell how pac will be. LL got ko'ed and came back to do well.
    Maybe pac can as well. But Pac has seriously fought strong opposition for the last 7 years and often. He needs a break for sure, but the decision iis with Pac.

But seeing Pac out like that was sad cos u almost felt pac couldnt be ko'ed by anyone, but now hes not superman and a mere mortal and cos hes been chin ko'ed now, he can be chin ko'ed again

Comment

He should take his time coming back to the sport. Their is no guarantee Marquez fights him again anyway unless Arum pays Marquez a lot of money to fight in September.

Comment

I believe its still a 90 day suspension in most states, however atleast a 6 month lay off should be honored.
        Manny has fought hard in 70 pro fights and his style dictates taking shots and he has. He is one tuff man but everyone can get stopped when mistakes happen annd your opponent capitalizes on it, (unless its Paulie) hahaha sorry Paulie!

The competitive side of pro fighters gets difficult to understand when they have succeeded in attaining their highest goals! Remember the feeling of being invinzable is a real factor on the way a fighter approaches his career so when a KO occurs theres alot of scrutiny applied as to WHY!

Its not as easy when its been your ENTIRE life, looking at it from the outside its much easier than being that man! Even with the dangers its difficult to walk from because those same dangers are accepted in the beginning and on delete!!! Most fighters don't want to go hang out in gyms, they need to be stimulated but what takes the place of "THE" title fight and its only you and your challenger that counts. Nothing takes the place of that!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          Of course..Roach wants that regular paycheck,he lost 2 fighters last year(chavez and khan) and needs that money
          Absolute bollox, Roach is worth between $16-$24 million, depending on where you read, he doesn't need money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            Pac actually suffered less damage from that one punch ko than he would if he had fought a full 12 round fight that night. It was a one shot clean ko.

I believe that fighters are suspended from sparring/fightin for 90 days from RSCH's. He can work out but is not allowed to take shots to the head until the suspension is over..........Rockin'
            I would've thought so too, but I was talking to a mate of mine who's studying medicine and he reckons that a large concussive blow like the one PAC suffered is more damaging than sustained blows over the course of the fight, go figure... Although I would have my doubts as my mate is a raving drunk who more than likely spends more time in the Trinity pub than in lectures!!

Comment

Man, its such short punch, how in the hell does it do that kinda damage? Its even shorter than the Martinez punch that koed Paul Williams.

Guess it was Pac kinda jumping into it. Man, its just the most shocking KO i've ever seen. Comes at the last second of the round when Pac was starting to give JMM a beating. But its so quick and brutal, and super short.

Comment

It is an injury, you need time to heal.

Comment

The first 50% of the "length" of a punch has body weight behind it if technique is present as the punch extends away from the first 50% it becomes more arm and less body!
                  Thats why Marciano, Louis, Dempsey would knock out modern boxers because they "knew" how to punch!!! Modern day guys throw their shots from "safe" distances because they don't work on steps/punches/feints etc to get close to land "meaningfull" shots!!

Take a peak at the famous Marciano right hand against Joe, thats a right hand. Bent at the elbow on impact and elbow flying out!! The ROCK!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                    I would've thought so too, but I was talking to a mate of mine who's studying medicine and he reckons that a large concussive blow like the one PAC suffered is more damaging than sustained blows over the course of the fight, go figure... Although I would have my doubts as my mate is a raving drunk who more than likely spends more time in the Trinity pub than in lectures!!
                    A significant blow can be more damaging that repeated blows. Using an extreme example I could punch you in the face over the course of a fight, it is probably not going to kill you. If I hit you with a bat hard enough ( just once) I could leave you with permanent brain damage.

Comment

If he's still intent on continuing his career he should take a good 10-12 months before getting back into training and sparring. His next fight back he should do tuneup and then get back to that elite level...

Comment

Working...
                      X