No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Helenius vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Robert Helenius is Wladimir Klitschko's WBO mandatory, so it seems likely that Wlad has to fight him to keep that belt.

Helenius, who didn't look sharp in his last fight after a long layoff due to injuries, will have another warm-up fight in February 2013.

Then, it's likely Sauerland will put him in with Wladimir later in the year.

Wlad also has a WBA mandatory, namely Alexander Povetkin.

The winner of Steve Cunningham vs. Tomasz Adamek will fight Kubrat Pulev to determine Wladimir's IBF mandatory.
    Klitschko by decision
    19.23%
    Klitschko by KO/TKO/RTD
    76.92%
    Helenius by decision
    0.00%
    Helenius by KO/TKO/RTD
    0.00%
    Evenly matched, difficult to predict
    3.85%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM.

wlad KO. helenius always has been and always will be overrated.

Comment

Wlad by KO

Comment

Wlad will destroy him. Not a great opponent but to be fair, what Wlad has done is extraordinary, he has seen off an entire generation of HW's. There are decent young fighters coming through now, but will Wlad still be fighting by the time they are ready?

Its about time Wlad got his respect on here, a great fighter, man and one of the best representatives the sport could wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Wlad will destroy him. Not a great opponent but to be fair, what Wlad has done is extraordinary, he has seen off an entire generation of HW's. There are decent young fighters coming through now, but will Wlad still be fighting by the time they are ready?

Its about time Wlad got his respect on here, a great fighter, man and one of the best representatives the sport could wish for.
          couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post

This ^^^^^^

Comment

Robert with a better punchers chance then Tony, Wach and Moremeck.

That's about all I can say.

Comment

I’m a big supporter and fan of Helenius (and Wlad for that matter) but he looked like crap in his last fight. He was very rusty, uninspired and one dimensional. Wlad would have no problem beating Helenius; more so, than he did with Wach.

Comment

helenius is complete arse - chisora beat him and I won't hear otherwise ... wlad on the other hand is the greatest heavyweight on the planet ... hmmm this is a tough one

Comment

I realize Helenius is rated #1 in the WBO (after the Williams win which is laughable) but is Helenius actually the mandatory? I thought there was talk a while ago about him vs Boytsov for that designation? I hope he has to face someone more credible before he becomes mandatory. Boytsov, Ortiz, Fury, Pianeta are all in the top 10.

I was looking through Klitschko's resume and couldn't remember who the last WBO mandatory was. Either Peter or Chambers wasn't it? That was 2 years ago.

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    helenius is complete arse - chisora beat him and I won't hear otherwise ... wlad on the other hand is the greatest heavyweight on the planet ... hmmm this is a tough one
                    Well being able to use two arms will be beneficial for Robert.

Comment

Working...
                    X