Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

135 & 140 pd divisions got a BIG PROBLEM

Comment

Broner's got a long long long long way to go before he's on the level of Mayweather All-Time.

Keep fighting the best and winning, and you'll carve your own path.

Comment

Broner is already stopping, I think he realizes you have to be your own man and original to be someone. I used to like this guy when he first started, he was funny, I like guys who an crack jokes and make people laugh, so I was already a fan cause he had personality, but when he started becoming low class, and sounding, quoting and imitating Floyds persona, I almost puked.

I hope he goes back to his old self, that funny clown character who was just flashy but wasn't talking like Floyd.

Comment

Wow! Everyone just forgets who young Floyd was. Even though Broner is talented, he fights like the "now" Floyd. Young Floyd was more aggressive than Broner; Floyd is much more fluid in his punches, better reflexes, defence, better agility, better balance, turn his punches better, a million times quicker and faster, better ring smarts and just about equal in Power. Having said this, I said to myself last night that Broners' limitation might be trying to copy Floyd's Style. I think if he be himself and allow his body to react to its natural tendencies he would be a better fighter, because things he did last night look forced and awkward and amateur at best e.g whenever he tries to punch off the shoulder roll and the pitty patty punches with his chin exposed; a more skilled fighter with better power than Demarco would have been able to capitalize on this. Overall Demarco was a good win, but not the type to sold me on Broner yet, though I am looking forward to his next fight, he needs to be the underdog in a fight the way Floyd were against Corrales.

Comment

Broner is always going to compared to Mayweather, always.

Whether he's successful or not, he's always going to be compared to him.

Mayweather's Era isn't even over yet and there's a 23 year old guy fighting very much like him with a whole lot of buzz around him.

It's inevitable.

Comment

I dislike both of them outside the ring but I like Broner over FMJr inside the ring, As long as Broner keeps fighting the best, I think he'll make me a fan out of me!

Comment

The only comparison should be that they are pocket fighters - they do not run! Mayweather is defense 1st ! since he's gotten older, he engages and walks his opponents down, but not necessarily his comfort zone - Broner is a bad little dude, aggresive, in your face with blistering speed! he takes way more chances, and he looks like he is really enjoying himself, he also gets hit alot more than mayweather, not by flush shots, but just hit more. this should be the path - Rios / Gamboa not sure if JMM will take the fight - broner is extremely fast, and busts his opponents face up (jmm is a warrior, but his face does not hold up the best) - Matthyse, garcia, khan, there are alot of fights out there for him, and the best thing about that is - i feel he and his team will try to make them - but i was not on the band wagon before last night ( i did not question his skills, but i did question his heart and opposition - he shut me up last night-lol) i was not expecting that type of aggression, punch placement at all !

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Broner is always going to compared to Mayweather, always.

Whether he's successful or not, he's always going to be compared to him.

Mayweather's Era isn't even over yet and there's a 23 year old guy fighting very much like him with a whole lot of buzz around him.

It's inevitable.
                  Hey Dan,

This situation reminds me of the Ali-Holmes comparisons.

Holmes copied Ali's style to a T. No matter who Holmes fought and who he beat, he never got outside Ali's shadow even when he beat an over the hill Ali.

I wasn't alive during this time, but I did some research on it.

Since I know you were around and followed the sport, can you tell me if you see similarities to Broner-Mayweather that you did to Ali-Holmes; if any.

And if you see this playing out the same way?

Comment

Besides, Broner's style is more similar to the 2009-Present Floyd Mayweather. The Floyd at 130 and 135 had much more movement than Broner.

Comment

The comparisons aren't simply cause of the stance. Broner uses the same vocab as Mayweather, when he sits in the corner between rounds he makes the same facial expression, he answers interview questions with the same tone of voice and lines that Mayweather uses. It's crazy it's ridiculous. But he should try to sop cause in the ring he is more of a natural tough fighter, more fan friendly style. It's not just the shoulder roll lots of crap fighters on the east coast use that **** and nobody makes those comparisons

Comment

Working...
                      X