No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach "I wanted Pacquiao to fight Danny Garcia"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
    Of course Roach would want Pac to fight Garcia. Pac would look real good against Garcia's style. Wouldn't be surprised if this fight is made sometime next year.
    This is why arum will make pac vs rios. Pac would look real good vs him too.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      If this fight were to happen (and we know it wont), at least let the man get his feet wet at welterweight. Not at all a Khan fan, but had he took him time a bit more, he could have beat Garcia. Garcia needs to keep progressing in his young career. And im not really looking forward to the Zab fight.
      im not interested in that fight anyway. infact im not interested in any pac fight that does not involve mayweather. khan is better than garcia, but khan isnt very smart. thinks he can smash everyone. dont really like khan either! garcia judah is not a good fight!

Comment

I swear, you people are so on-off with your, Top Rank can't make a fight with Golden boy shit

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
          For the record, I like Garcia. Was really impressed with his win over Khan. And I have ignored the lastest Morales win. But a fight with Manny or Floyd wont be the best move for this kid. He gets beat up very badly.
          if he wants to keep his undefeated record sure. i bet he'll be popular as hell with his dad and all making noise though. ortiz's claim to fame was lookin stupid in front of floyd and dudes is still getting attention.

Comment

Pacquiao made the right choice fighting Marquez but I don't think Garcia was an option because he is a Golden Boy fighter. Pacquiao owes Marquez a rematch and he has much to gain with a good win or a KO over Marquez. Beating Garcia would not do much for him prestige wise. It's not Pacquiao's job to show the world that Roach teaches defense. Most people already think Roach is a very good trainer and he has other fighters that can show off his training skills. Pacquiao only has a few fights left and he should choose the best fights possible.

Comment

i would definitely watch this, or any fight pacquiao's involved in for that matter. too bad it has almost zero chance of happening because of rival promoters. pacquiao wins by ko. garcia would get bullied by pacquiao all night long before getting knocked out from pacquiao's signature left hook during an inside exchange. this fight will end early. probably another replay of the hatton fight.

(cool picture right? made it myself. feel free to download)

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                There you see where the cherry picking is. Pac wanted and got the bigger challenge and Roach wanted Garcia that IMO Pac would run right through him.

Now I can see Floyd and Canelo eye balling Garcia
                I think Roach felt insulted by Khan so retaliated. I don't think it would ever happen...

Comment

Pacquaio lands the first solid punch and Garcia will shell up harder the clottley.

Comment

Roach seems bothered by all the Khan criticism and wants to prove himself again as capable of coaching defence.

All in all, I think Khan handled his split with Roach fairly crassly (at very least in terms of the noises and headlines coming from his camp).
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 10-30-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                      Pacquaio lands the first solid punch and Garcia will shell up harder the clottley.
                      I guess you haven't noticed, but Garcia isn't the type to shell up and stop throwing. He'd be looking to time Pacquiao and throw with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X