Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does last night's robbery change your op on Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does last night's robbery change your op on Gamboa?

Honestly, last night was bull****. By the 9th round, I was hoping Abril would have gotten a KD to make this robbery even more blatant and ridiculous.

But, anyways, what do you all think of the Gamboa/Rios situation now?

Honestly, I think if you are not on TR's plan to be their superstar, you'll have no chance of getting the decision you deserve. I think it's obvious now that Gamboa would never be their darling. The further away he can get from them, the better.

Gamboa's silence throughout pulling of the fight is also telling. TR has done nothing but smear the guy since.

What do you all think?

My opinion on him is that he's still an idiot for what he did because he screwed over his career

Comment

Same as it was; he did what he thinks is best for his career and that's fine.

The fight would have probably been off thanks to Rios failing to make weight anyway. He complained and *****ed about Gamboa pulling out due to contract issues while Rios himself wouldn't have even bothered to make the weight.

Comment

Gamboa was being given an opportunity to put himself in position as Top Rank's future cash cow. He was the plan. He is even more of an idiot to have turned this fight down than he was before last night, because he would have gotten in the ring with a drained Rios, besides the superstar status he might have gained for winning.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Same as it was; he did what he thinks is best for his career and that's fine.

The fight would have probably been off thanks to Rios failing to make weight anyway. He complained and *****ed about Gamboa pulling out due to contract issues while Rios himself wouldn't have even bothered to make the weight.
          If he wanted to finish out his stint with TR and leave then fine. But the way he's going about it is all wrong. Now he's going to get sued, shelved and take a huge hit on his career in the later stage of it

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            If he wanted to finish out his stint with TR and leave then fine. But the way he's going about it is all wrong. Now he's going to get sued, shelved and take a huge hit on his career in the later stage of it
            We'll see how it goes.

We still know virtually nothing about the situation at this stage. People will have their views already as you would expect, but until any kind of details are known, I'm not willing to say he made the right or wrong decision. He was advised to do it by his own lawyer, so they may have something.
            Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-15-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

In hindsight it was a smart move on Gamboas part.

Comment

Top Rank never had plans to make Gamboa their future star. He's in his thirties. With a decent sized fan base to his name. If they'd've wanted to make him big, they'd have put him in the ring with someone like Juanma earlier.

Gamboa made a good decision stepping away from Top Rank.

Comment

Gamboa is not as big as Abril, but NO, Cubans don't win in Mexico unless they KO.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    We'll see how it goes.

We still know virtually nothing about the situation at this stage. People will have their views already as you would expect, but until any kind of details are known, I'm not willing to say he made the right or wrong decision. He was advised to do it by his own lawyer, so they may have something.
                    Well if he gets out unscratched good for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X