Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito the hand wrap scandal and the ? did he use them against Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito the hand wrap scandal and the ? did he use them against Cotto?

I am tired of seeing all these threads about other topics and then this issue gets brought up and the thread gets chopped and an argument breaks out with some Margarito fan using a ALT and bad mouthing Cotto and insulting the PR people. I have seen the thread where some pics were posted of the supposed pads that were removed from Margarito's gloves on the night of the Mosley fight. There is a blood stain on this pad. The poster also showed us some pictures from the end of the Cotto fight where Margarito has his left hand raised and it appears he has a similar blood stain in the same spot on the pad or wrap. The poster tried to use this a proof that Margarito used the same illegal hand wraps/pads in the fight against Cotto.

Now while I agree the actions of Tony and his trainer are suspect now in every one of his bouts. this definitely leaves a big question mark around his recent big wins. Margarito supporters use the Williams fight and try to say well did he use the plaster or the illegal wraps in that fight. What is Williams not fazed by the plaster in Tony's mitts? Truly I say this for Cotto fans and for most every boxing fan we have to move on. Let’s get it out of our system and move on. Cotto has done so. he has no question looked past this and is moving on with his career. he can't let that be the deciding factor in his life. Same for Margarito fans you have to move on. either continue supporting you fighter and try to ignore the remarks made by others.

I mean face it fellas your man got caught trying to cheat he tried to do something wrong. It is what it is and there is nothing you can do to change it. Either look at one of the many brave Mexican warriors out there that are fighting their hearts out and take one of them as your hero. Worship them and stand behind them just as you did Margarito. They are fighting like true warriors and doing it the legal way. You should support them and forget about Tony for now. Look at JMM or Victor Ortiz Juan Baby Bull Diaz there are so many I can't name them all but these guys are true warriors truly deserving of your support.

maybe somewhere down the road Tony can come back and fight again in the states. maybe somewhere down the road he will get another shot against Cotto or another top 5 WW and this time he will fight and win and be redeemed then you can come back strong for Tony and stand up to the nay Sayers. I am a Tyson fan true and true. I remember when he first loss to Douglas I was pissed he lost. I got clowned by some but many were just as shocked as I was and they really didn’t come at me too hard. Fast forward to his fight with Evander and the ear biting escapade and I was getting hell about him. People saying he cheated and found a way out of a fight with a true champion. that he was nothing. I tried defending him but really what defense did I have for that. it was a black eye on boxing and cast a big shadow on the sport.

This is a sim issue and there really isn’t much you can say to defend your hero you just have to deal with it and realize that even hero's make mistakes and they are human. Let it go for now find some other Mexican warrior to worship who deserves your love and support. Like I sad maybe Tony can come back down the road and redeem himself. This is a poll read the options and vote. State you thoughts here and keep this thread. I know we all clown each other about who we support in the ring racial insults are not appreciated. Cotto fans caught a lot of abuse when Tony beat Cotto last July and it is hard for them to lay off this opportunity but try to think if it was one of your favorite fighters who got caught like this how much it would affect you.....Lefty

I brought this backin light of recent comment amde by Floyd in the news about Cotto being undefeated....

Comment

I would yet like to see ANY PROOF that he cheated!?

Comment

Comment

I think Margarito will always be looked at with suspicion, and that in itself will hurt his legacy. I personally think he used illegal substances in the 1st fight, but it's one of those things he may take to his grave.

Comment

No way Margarito's chin is what won the fight

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
              No way Margarito's chin is what won the fight
              Not to mention style, Cotto just has a weakness for relentless pressure as do most fighters.

Comment

Margarito won that first fight with heart and guts.

Why the **** is the TS bringing up old ****? But I'll play.

Why don't fans like to talk about black boxers cheating like Mosley? TS thinks he's a saint and doesn't call him a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Margarito won that first fight with heart and guts. Why the **** is the TS bringing up old ****? But I'll play.

Why don't fans like to talk about black boxers cheating like Mosley? TS thinks he's a saint and doesn't call him a cheater.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Margarito won that first fight with heart and guts.

Why the **** is the TS bringing up old ****? But I'll play.

2003 Balco Mosley got caught will illegal substances in his blood and failed a test but passed a polygraph.....Mentioned and noted I am not black so i have no pref to black boxers. I only brought this old thread up in light of recent comment made by Floyd.

Top 5 Dead or Alive (that I have seen in my life time)
                    Mike Tyson (pure combination of speed and ultimate power)
                    Oscar De La Hoya (I don't care if he wore stockings and sniffed coke)
                    Tommy Hearns (Best straight right hand I ever seen)
                    Sugar Ray Leonard (stick and move stick and move)
                    Julio Ceaser Chavez Sr (ultimate body puncher & kept coming)

Top 5 Active
                    Shane Mosley (Fought everyone there was and re-matched them too)
                    Juan Manuel Marquez (counter punching assassin , skills upon skills)
                    Miguel Cotto (warrior fights the best after the best)
                    Andre Ward (SOG put his self on the map with a flawless super six)
                    Brandon Rios (blood and guts warrior true Mexican style fighting)

Comment

Working...
                    X