Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beat Sergio at 154 people would say he beat a weight drained 37 year old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Why even bother,this was proven when people discredited Ward for beating a young Dawson after he dropped in weight.So why should Floyd fight a 37 year old Sergio who would drop a division for a pay day?this is crazy,it would be a **** fight and Sergio would be drained and ineffective.terrible fight
    Maybe they should fight at 160, so Mayweather can get that 6th division title.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
      The difference in size between Martinez and Floyd is bigger than the gap between Dawson and Ward. Martinez' team has also made a point of saying he is a natural JMW.
      I do believe he is a tweener, but closer to that being height related. To me actions are greater than words. JMW might not have been as lucrative as it is now 4 years ago, but now 2 of the highest draws in boxing are active near that weight(Mayweather, Cotto) and there are a host of others around that weight class like Canelo(Like they would ever match him with Martinez now), Trout, Angulo, blah blah.

Basically when your clock is ticking at 38 and you want to make money why waste time at MW, which basically only has GGG and Geale? Pirog and Sterm are content to stay in Europe.

His team says he can make 154 because they aren't going to intentionally take themselves out of the Mayweather sweepstakes like idiots. If you can get a Mayweather paycheck of course you can make any weight. They said he could make 150 to fight Pacquiao. Lol.

He still hasn't fought there in 4 years so I don't know what else to ascertain from his actions.

Comment

Jesus, this forum is disgusting. We get it, you like Floyd.

I don't even know where to start in this thread. Like 10 fanboys jumped in and spouted off trying to save Floyd...

I thought this forum was a boxing forum, not a fanboy forum.

No one would say a mother ****ing thing.And boo ****ing hoo if they did. Poor Floyd. OMG....

It's the best plausible fight out there for his legacy and people are making all kinds of excuses for him not to take that fight.

Comment

i wouldn't accuse mayweather of anything wrong if he beats sergio at 154. sergio is willing, so let him ago ahead. the difference betwen this and the ward-dawson situation is that none of the two truly belongs at 154. money may is from 147 and sergio is from 160 for 4 years now. its a catchweight, and both has there advantages and disadvantage, with the best man winning..

i don't really criticize ward of anything, because that was dawson's choice, the complaining fans are those who know that yes, ward was very comfortable at the weight they while dawson is not.

it wouldn't be the same at floyd at 154.

Comment

The only reason to hate on this fight is because the same **** as Pac. He is waiting for someone else to get him or he slips up. This fight won't happen so STFU.

Another dream fight because he's too big of a threat. It might happen YEARS down the road but 2013? Nope. 2014? Maybe, at age 39 and slowing down. 2015? Sergio retires and floyd is ready to fight him!

He doesn't get credit for non-fights. Sorry when was the last LEGIT fighter that could be of any threat.

JMM - only fan boys will say JMM was anywhere near ready and that the catch-weight then disregard for it didn't matter.

SSM was past-prime + long layoff. Coming off a Marg win. STFU let's get real it was well over a year and he was even over trained for the fight due to a failed fight prior.

Ortiz - Threat? Yeah right. We saw what a C class fighter did to him. He even had to sucker punch the dude to win.

What was floyd's last real legit fight man? Larry we understand floyds skills, now get off the sack and understand the mofocker hasn't done **** for a lot of us to not hate on in recent years.

Fight a legit threat such as Pac, Martinez. Canelo not ready or a good enough threat. Yet it will do. Guerro is not a legit threat at all. I say floyd toys and demolishes Guerro. Berto is not a corner stone for a meal ticket for path to floyd. Sorry but he's just not good enough to say he's ready for an elite status fighter like pac, martinez or floyd.

Comment

I would give Floyd full credit just like as a Dawson fan I give Ward 100% credit for the win against a fighter who agreed to the weight knowing what that entailed as an adult.

Comment

Why even bother,this was proven when people discredited Ward for beating a young Dawson after he dropped in weight.So why should Floyd fight a 37 year old Sergio who would drop a division for a pay day?this is crazy,it would be a **** fight and Sergio would be drained and ineffective.terrible fight
                Nah man, I hate Floyd, but I give credit where credit is due. A win against Sergio at 154 is a fair fight and very credible. 150 would be a different story, but I doubt they'd go there.

Comment

What happen if Floyd drop to 135 to fight Broner and lost you they say he was weight drained ?

Comment

Who cares what they say after the fight? This would be the biggest challenge that Floyd has taken in many, many years. It would be amazing seeing Martinez and Floyd in the same ring together, just amazing.

Comment

If a bullfrog had wings, hed bump his ass when he flies!

Floyd wont fight a LIVE threat. he said it himself!

"And of course, I'm probably not looking to fight six strong champions. I'm a lot older now, you know what I'm saying?"-Floyd Mayweather

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542020

Comment

Working...
                      X