• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
    Philosophy of a Knife.

Irreversible

Frontiers

It looks like the French are really leading the genre of splatter/gore today. I highly recommend Frontiers and Irreversible.

Philosophy of a Knife is likely the most grotesque movie I've ever seen. I think it's the fact that those things were actually done to people that gets me.
    Did you see " martyrs " ? That movie is ****ed up. very sad ending. Also i would recommend the movie " Dread ". I dont want to spoil anything but there's one particular scene in this movie that will piss you the **** off. If you watch it you'll know what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      You really don't want to watch A Serbian Film. I've never seen it, but the details are...extreme.

I guess the thing that's got me so curious about this movie (I haven't seen any of it except the trailer) is that all the hype around it suggests that it's not so much the gore (but I hear that's extreme, as well) as it is the taboo subject matter of some of the scenes.

I don't go, normally, for movies like this, at all, but I have to admit, I'm curious about just how horrific these scenes can be. The people who watch this movie KNOW that it's only a movie, and that of course, no one was actually murdered or raped, or whatever. So you KNOW it's fake when you watch it.

Yet it's still so brutal, that you, as an intelligent human being, are fooled into thinking it IS real. Which makes you wonder, just how good were the special effects?

I think at some point, I'll actually take a peek at one of the scenes, just to see for myself.

Then of course, I'll punch myself in the neck for being such an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
        Philosophy of a Knife.

Irreversible
        Frontiers

It looks like the French are really leading the genre of splatter/gore today. I highly recommend Frontiers and Irreversible.

Philosophy of a Knife is likely the most grotesque movie I've ever seen. I think it's the fact that those things were actually done to people that gets me.
        I've only seen the "Fire Extinguisher" scene from this movie (caught a clip on YouTube) and it was brutal. But I found myself wondering how they filmed it, bcause obviously a guy wasn't actually beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, and I came to the conclusion that it had to be CGI. Only explanation I could think of. Or maybe the fire extinguisher was padded.

Comment

The August Undergroud series is pretty gruesome
          Snuff 102
          Grotesque
          Seed

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
            The August Undergroud series is pretty gruesome
            Snuff 102
            Grotesque
            Seed

Have you actually watched them? If so, what kind of scenes were there? And why did you sit through the whole film?

Comment

Originally posted by GranTorino View Post
              Have you actually watched them? If so, what kind of scenes were there? And why did you sit through the whole film?
              I enjoy graphic films,had heard them mentioned so i checked them out

Not very good imo,in an attempt too be realistic the camera work is terrible,very shaky and very dark,lots of vomiting,screaming and swearing

Comment

Comment

A serbian film is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Watch it pussy. You know who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
                    Did you see " martyrs " ? That movie is ****ed up. very sad ending. Also i would recommend the movie " Dread ". I dont want to spoil anything but there's one particular scene in this movie that will piss you the **** off. If you watch it you'll know what im talking about.
                    I haven't seen either, thanks for not spoiling!

I'll check them out this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GranTorino View Post
                      I've only seen the "Fire Extinguisher" scene from this movie (caught a clip on YouTube) and it was brutal. But I found myself wondering how they filmed it, bcause obviously a guy wasn't actually beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, and I came to the conclusion that it had to be CGI. Only explanation I could think of. Or maybe the fire extinguisher was padded.
                      The entire film is pretty impactful. It's one of the few that left me feeling sick afterward.

Comment

Working...
                      X