Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LA Time writer who wrote the Boxing is dead article...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    1.7 mil is actually pretty poor for free tv. I bet that was one of the lowest rated shows for that particular day in that particular time slot.

Top Rank has done a crap job promoting since they've been on ESPN. We seem to agree on that.

But that doesn't mean I have to say that PBC is doing great when they really aren't.
    You say top Rank ratings can't match boxing ratings because it's on a smaller network. I point out ESPN matches network football and basketball. You then say top Rank boxing can't match broadcast network because it's not that popular of a sport. I point out the highest rated top Rank shows have followed college football programming. I point out PBC Fox programming follows local programming and infomercials.

Who are more likely to watch boxing

People who watch sports or people who watch infomercials and local programming?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He was gloating today because of the horrible attendance of tonight's Top Rank card in L.A. He's the LA Times boxing writer but didn't bother to show up and cover the fight

Even Crawford decided to go to UFC tonight

The ratings should go pretty well from people stumbling around trying to fight the UFC fight
      That top rank card was empty lol, they tried to mask it with a strobe light and making it dark.

But at this la times writer, he said boxing is dead, well i wonder if he knows he is the boxing writer so why wish death on your sport you will be out of a job. Why not just say boxing needs a boost.

Comment

You say top Rank ratings can't match boxing ratings because it's on a smaller network. I point out ESPN matches network football and basketball. You then say top Rank boxing can't match broadcast network because it's not that popular of a sport. I point out the highest rated top Rank shows have followed college football programming. I point out PBC Fox programming follows local programming and infomercials.

Who are more likely to watch boxing

People who watch sports or people who watch infomercials and local programming?
        Again, football and basketball get decent ratings on ANY network.

Bringing that up doesn't apply to your point about boxing because it is a niche sport.

As of now all of the major players are doing a terrible job of building fighters in such a way that people want to follow their careers regularly and see what happens next.

It's all mostly just random fights in random locales on random networks/platforms leading to no sastisfying payoff for fans.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-18-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

They been saying boxing is dead since the late 90’s
          Meanwhile it just keeps truckin

Comment

And people don't think these guys are paid for

Comment

And people don't think these guys are paid for

lol Steve Kim has always been kissing Top Rank butt.
              The venue is nice though, but only for big fights. The place was empty looked like only 300 people were there and that stadium is huge sits like 30k?

Comment

Working...
              X