Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz: "If Joshua wants rematch in the UK, they gotta give me 50 million."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, that's an approach he can take, he has bargaining power.

Comment

Contracts are contracts and if it’s stated that it takes place in the uk then that’s it

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Contracts are contracts and if it’s stated that it takes place in the uk then that’s it
        Unless he threatens to vacate. That splits the belts and AJ will never round them up again. Theoretically he could but that would cost 3 paydays against fighters who will have no contractual obligation...would take maybe 2 years or more...and would likely end up costing more than just paying Ruiz ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          Nobody knows what’s in the contract, yet everyone is fighting about it and throwing out “facts”

Andy even said he doesn’t know what’s fully in the contract, but some posters on here seem to be experts.

I have no idea how much can be put into the rematch clauses. Does it just state that the champ has the right to an immediate rematch? How in depth does it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
            Unless he threatens to vacate. That splits the belts and AJ will never round them up again. Theoretically he could but that would cost 3 paydays against fighters who will have no contractual obligation...would take maybe 2 years or more...and would likely end up costing more than just paying Ruiz ransom.
            I don't think it works like that. There was a report that Floyd had to sit out 1 year for his rematch clause to expire after he fought Oscar and Oscar triggered his rematch clause Floyd announced his retirement and came back 1 day after the rematch clause expired announcing his return to boxing. Ruiz likely can't just vacate one or more belts and fight someone else. Probably get sued unless he sits out 1 year and waits for the rematch clause to expire like Floyd did.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-06-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

I suppose it depends what's in the rematch clause. If it's already wrote up, then it's already wrote up. It's the then champion exercising his right to control, if you stray too far away from the clause then it would be pointless making them to begin with.

He's going to get a nice payday regardless. You take the risk and you deserve the rewards that come along with it.

Comment

No point him not asking but probably already contracted, Eddie had said a location was already a clause in the contract. The risk would be how much compensation would he need to pay if fight didn’t happen, likelihood is the payment he gets elsewhere isn’t sufficient to not take the rematch.

Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me if fight is in the US and AJ himself suggested he didn’t mind that happening either anyway. I doubt it would be in Mexico unless dazn are doing a launch there!

Comment

Hahahahah Hearn getting a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Every contract also has a buyout clause.

Haymon can pay $5 million to buy out the rematch clause and make Ruiz vs Wilder.

Andy would win an out in arbitration as precedent was set for 3 belt HW champ at $50 million. Remember Wilder offered it publicly to AJ.

Hearn is getting played in America left and right.

Comment

The Boss has spoken

Comment

Working...
                      X