No announcement yet.

Wrestler fired afer race row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestler fired afer race row

So anyone heared the story that a few days ago WWE fired ex-world champion wrestler Alberto Del Rio after he slapped a WWE employee who had allegedly made a racist joke aimed at him?

The story goes that a Social Media Manager at WWE made a joke about Del Rio (a Mexican) being expected to clean his plate. Del Rio took offence, confronted the guy and ended up getting violent.

There is some controversary that Del Rio was fired, but the Social Media Manager who made the racist joke was allowed to continue.

Any thoughts on this?

havent heard about that before but if its true thats horrible. hopefully he sues the WWE into bankruptcy.

Comment

The social media manager is a grade A A$$hole. But in most legit workplaces you can't hit someone for that reason. The person who gets violent will most likely be the one to get fired. In the workplace, you can't be violent, threaten anyone or curse at someone.

If it were my decision, I wouldn't fire the wrestler though.

Comment

I personally find this story interesting because I have had a similar experience a few years ago. A colleague of mine was making racist jokes about my girlfriend. My girlfriend is mixed race (white Mum, Jamacian Dad) and my colleague "jokingly" gave her the nickname of "monks" which she told me was short for monkey.

I didn't punch my colleague because she was a woman. But I'm sure if it had been a male colleague it would have ended in a physical fight.I'm also pretty sure that I would have been the one sacked in that situation too.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
          I personally find this story interesting because I have had a similar experience a few years ago. A colleague of mine was making racist jokes about my girlfriend. My girlfriend is mixed race (white Mum, Jamacian Dad) and my colleague "jokingly" gave her the nickname of "monks" which she told me was short for monkey.

I didn't punch my colleague because she was a woman. But I'm sure if it had been a male colleague it would have ended in a physical fight.I'm also pretty sure that I would have been the one sacked in that situation too.
          In your situation, if i was you, i would have told your girlfriend to react to how she feels about that.

If people want to be upfront and vocal in a racist/discriminate manner, then they should suffer the consequence of a reaction from the 'victim'.

In my younger days, i found myself reacting violently/aggressive towards these mindless idiots. Now, much older, i don't get the hassle i did when i was younger, and in the rare occasion that i do get insulted i laugh it off. Can't let emotions get the better of you from morons.

Comment

So he's going to sue the company into bankruptcy because he physically attacked someone and got fired for it? right. Whatever joke was or was not made, and how it was intended (nobody here knows) you can't attack people when you work for a massive publicly traded company and get away with it, he's a big man assaulting some computer geek, he could easily find himself facing criminal charges. He's wrestled like he's wanted out of there for the last 18 months anyway I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for a reason to get rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
              The social media manager is a grade A A$$hole. But in most legit workplaces you can't hit someone for that reason. The person who gets violent will most likely be the one to get fired. In the workplace, you can't be violent, threaten anyone or curse at someone.

If it were my decision, I wouldn't fire the wrestler though.
              Also the WWE must be very wary of a lawsuit from what happened in their workplace. People can say wrestling is fake, but Del Rio is a big guy and it wouldn't look too good in a courtroom if the assaulted party was either puny or a fat slob.

Comment

Physically assaulting people is worse than hurting their feelings.

Comment

they shoulda been both fired if all this is true

Comment

They fired Del Rio? Shocker.
                    He was like the Mexican JBL.

Comment

Working...
                    X