Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the great carlos monzon match up against a fleet footed, flashy type fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the great carlos monzon match up against a fleet footed, flashy type fighter

Through out his career monzon never faced that type of style! how would of the slow footed, text book monzon done against a charley burley, roy jones, micheal nunn, ray leanard type fighter? Also monzon never faced 1 southpaw when he was champion something else to think about

I doesn't seem Monzon fought many boxers like that but if anyone has 90 fights you could bet they would have met a variety of styles. He might not fought a clever boxer like either of the Sugar Rays but I sure he faced boxer styles.
    And I don't think he faced a southpaw as a champ, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
      I doesn't seem Monzon fought many boxers like that but if anyone has 90 fights you could bet they would have met a variety of styles. He might not fought a clever boxer like either of the Sugar Rays but I sure he faced boxer styles.
      And I don't think he faced a southpaw as a champ, but I could be wrong.
      no monzon did not face a southpaw while he was champion

Comment

IMO Monzon would struggle with a fleet-footed fighter like Ray Leonard or Roy Jones

Comment

jose napoles was pretty slick but he was past his prime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlpZ5-bw_GI

Comment

i see carlos holding his own,

Comment

Tony Mundine was a classic boxer. Slick, fast, great jab and quick combos with non stop good footwork.

Comment

Working...
              X