Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Vs. Kelly Pavlik Could Happen As Early As Next January, Says Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch Vs. Kelly Pavlik Could Happen As Early As Next January, Says Bob Arum

On today's issue of The Steve Bunce Boxing Hour on Setanta Sports, promoter Bob Arum was an over-the-phone guest. Speaking primarily about this coming Saturday night's big welterweight clash between Miguel Cotto and Joshua Clottey - a fight that Arums says has sold out - the long-time promoter also revealed how a most interesting fight is currently being discussed for next year.

http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=20111&more=1

Would look forwards to this fight.

Pavlik would beat Froch, UD.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
      Pavlik would beat Froch, UD.
      Pavlik is definitely the better overall boxer of the two but I think he's there to be hit, and with Froch's power that's a KO waiting to happen

Comment

Arum talks a lot of ****, sadly. Can't see this fight happening but would love to be proven wrong.

Comment

oldhammad, I take it you're a Latics fan!

Comment

This would be a great fight. Someone is going out on a stretcher if it ever happens.

Comment

This would be a great fight, two guys who like to step back and bang. I really like the possible matches in the SMW division. Sadly most of them will probably never happen. Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
                oldhammad, I take it you're a Latics fan!
                Yeah!

Comment

This would be a great fight - both can bang and both have defences which are not tight. However, I think Froch has a chin that suits his style, which lets him keep his hands low so he can punch that little bit quicker. Although Pavlik is the better boxer technically, recently he has looked a bit shaky, and I think Froch's power would carry him through.

Comment

Didn't Pavlik fight a bum in his last fight and then scheduled a fight with Sergio Moira who won the first Contender series which fell through ?

Poor match ups lately and now he wants to fight Froch who equally aint as brilliant as he believes !

Two fighters who believe their own hype set to fight in the ring ?

Lets see if it ever happens...

Comment

Working...
                    X