Experience - Jones
    Ability to take a Punch - Calzaghe
    Fighting Inside - Calzaghe Wrong
    Counterpunching - Jones
    Conditioning - Calzaghe
    Ring Generalship - Calzaghe Wrong
    Heart - Calzaghe Wrong

Comment

i would pay good money to go twelve rounds with max kellerman, not that it would last 12, because it wouldnt, but rather accumulate equal time to about 12 rounds over a period of ass beatings i would gladly lay on him.

he seems on the right side of this pick though, i remember him picking byrd to knock wladimir out, hated him ever since. plus he wears more make up than miley cyrus

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
        CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.... BUT KELLERMAN ONCE SAID THAT A FIGHTER THAT HAD 15 TITLE DEFENCES, ALL WON BY KO, WAS THE WORST CHAMPION IN HISTORY. I GUESS HE NEVER HEARD OF FRIAS, MANCINI,HAUGEN,PAZ,ETC.ETC. HE'S A MORON!....
        Mancini, Haugen and Pazienza werent bad fighters at all. they were all pretty damn good, and very far from being the worst champs of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by roundingace View Post
          Size - Calzaghe Wrong
          Strength - Calzaghe Wrong
          Speed - Calzaghe Wrong
          Jab - Calzaghe
          Defense - Calzaghe
          Experience - Jones
          Ability to take a Punch - Calzaghe
          Fighting Inside - Calzaghe Wrong
          Counterpunching - Jones
          Conditioning - Calzaghe
          Ring Generalship - Calzaghe Wrong
          Heart - Calzaghe Wrong
          Calzaghe clearly looks the bigger man IMO. He is also an incredibly strong guy, so I have no problem with both of those going to Calzaghe.

Speed is a tricky one. Obviously handspeed it is clearly Roy but footspeed I think I would favour Calzaghe.

Fighting on the inside I am definately going with Joe though, I don't think Roy has ever really liked fighting on the inside too much whereas Joe can create those little angles for himself and get off some really short little combinations in there. Jones needs to keep the action at arms length.

Ring generalship and heart I would not favour either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
            Calzaghe clearly looks the bigger man IMO. He is also an incredibly strong guy, so I have no problem with both of those going to Calzaghe.

Speed is a tricky one. Obviously handspeed it is clearly Roy but footspeed I think I would favour Calzaghe.

Fighting on the inside I am definately going with Joe though, I don't think Roy has ever really liked fighting on the inside too much whereas Joe can create those little angles for himself and get off some really short little combinations in there. Jones needs to keep the action at arms length.

Ring generalship and heart I would not favour either guy.
            I should of clarified that because I put "wrong" didn't mean for it to be automatically assumed to go to Jones. I meant, as in the speed example you used, that alot of those can be debated.

Comment

I should of clarified that because I put "wrong" didn't mean for it to be automatically assumed to go to Jones. I meant, as in the speed example you used, that alot of those can be debated.
              Yeah, I gathered. I wasn't necessarily disputing all the ones you highlighted, just giving my opinion on each.

Comment

Yeah, I gathered. I wasn't necessarily disputing all the ones you highlighted, just giving my opinion on each.
                I really think, dispite what others may think, that this is a fairly even match on paper as far as the physical attributes (with alot being arguable shows this). It's all going to come down to which Roy Jones shows up. If the serious, all business Roy comes in with determination and that "superman" will to win - goodnight. I honestly think, this is Roys fight to win or lose because Joe's plan is pretty cut and dry (effective nonetheless).

Comment

I really think, dispite what others may think, that this is a fairly even match on paper as far as the physical attributes (with alot being arguable shows this). It's all going to come down to which Roy Jones shows up. If the serious, all business Roy comes in with determination and that "superman" will to win - goodnight. I honestly think, this is Roys fight to win or lose because Joe's plan is pretty cut and dry (effective nonetheless).
                  I favour Calzaghe around 60/40. The defining factor is just punch output for me. You know Calzaghe is just gonna throw an absolute ****load and Roy doesn't have the defensive abilities or legs to avoid enough of them I don't think. The only way Jones wins is if he lands an insane amount of counter straight right hands when Joe is coming in. It could happen but on the balance of probabilities I would say probably not.

Comment

I mostly agree with him.

I would say that while Roy may have been the best fighter at SMW and Calzaghe the most accomplished SMW, Leonard was the overall most accomplished fighter (in a p4p sense) at SMW.

Roy is getting more and more support as the fight comes closer but I still don't believe in his chances.

Comment

I favour Calzaghe around 60/40. The defining factor is just punch output for me. You know Calzaghe is just gonna throw an absolute ****load and Roy doesn't have the defensive abilities or legs to avoid enough of them I don't think. The only way Jones wins is if he lands an insane amount of counter straight right hands when Joe is coming in. It could happen but on the balance of probabilities I would say probably not.
                      Well the punch output, obviously, is going to Calzaghe hands down. The answer to my question will be Jones' legs and his accuracy. RJJ has always been an effective puncher while not having to expend too much energy through all 12 rounds. So if Roy and his counter rights are there, I think it's going to be very difficult/impossible for JC to alter his plan thus winning the fight. The other factor is will Roy let himself go. If he tells himself to just go for broke and leave everything in that ring, I honestly, and not just because I'm a fan, don't see how JC stands a chance. Now all that being said, yes, it's a reach, but not out of the question. One things for sure, we will definitley find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X