No announcement yet.

fighting when ill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fighting when ill

hey guys i'd really appreciate some feedback on fighting when your a little ill.

i'm going to weigh in tonight and hopefully will have my first am fight but over the past couple of days ive been feeling a bit coldy, i'm not bad at the moment i just feel like i've got a blocked nose and a bit of flem in my throst.

i've trained feeling worse than this and usually it goes away as soon as i've warmed up. i really don't want to back out of fighting it's pissing me off cause it's like all the training ive done and then i start feeling ill i really want to fight even if i am. i don't feel to bad and im prayin i feel better by the time i go to my trainers tonight.

any advice?

if u trained when ur sick u did the right thing. u have been there before, u will be fine...

just think about the fight and ur game plan, being sick should be last thing on ur mind

Comment

ye cheers m8 ive felt much worse than this and trained before, it's defenitly not ideal but i don't want to let it stop me.

i'll just try put it out of my mind and stick to boxing....... everyone tells me its really hard in there

Comment

yea it absolutely is really hard...

theres no question that u cant do it tho. u can do it...

if u can spar 6 rounds, u will be able to go 3. run a lot... do tons of ab work.
        u will be fine..

if it gets really bad, then maybe consider pulling out. but dotn question urself

u can do it

Comment

cheerz for the advice but i didn't fight in the end i wieghed in but there was anyone to match me with

i've got another wiegh in next week so mabye i'll box on that show

Comment

Working...
          X