No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me if book 6 is out?

Cause if i have i have probably spoiled how Ayra.. and Danny (hot blond with dragons) end up.. (In this thread)

Just marathoned through all 3 season..GF got me the dvd of the first 2 seasons.. and i DL the last season.. so in about a week i got through them all

SPOILERS....

Luckily the only things that were spoiled were jamies hand being chopped off when wanting to talk about GOT on the internet..

But also my b1tch of a GF ruined.. Ned being killed by Joeffrey.. but not how.. so it was still fairly shocking..

Thank god i didn't get red wedding ruined

Also spoiled what will happen next to Joeffrey when i was looking up his grandfathers history on Wikia... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Gonna have to stay away from forums and internet for Season 4.. anyone know if a proper trailer is out yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by La Jefa View Post
      Just finished bing watching Game of Thrones, all 30 episodes in 4 days. Wow! What a show. I think it beats out my previous favorite series, LOST.

Now what to do? Can't wait until season 4 starts.
      That's literally 30 hours of TV in 4 days. You didn't ****ing sleep.

Took me about 2-3 months to do the same thing. Wish I would have waited until February though, I have been impatiently waiting every damn day for Season 4.

Comment

• Now I know no spoilers about book 3 or Season 4 but wasn't the 3rd book...or is it the 4th book, mostly about secondary characters? I remember reading that when they have to adapt that book into a season it will be difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Now I know no spoilers about book 3 or Season 4 but wasn't the 3rd book...or is it the 4th book, mostly about secondary characters? I remember reading that when they have to adapt that book into a season it will be difficult.
          Season 4 is gonna close up the end of one book i heard (probably the third one) and start on the new one.. TBFH i have never seen a show so skillfully done so many interesting characters they slip in and out of the story with ease.

In one of the last episodes of S3.. the lady in red put the leaches on that boy and then put them to the fire saying.. Joferry, Rob Stark, King of the Grey Irons..

That means she means to kill them? or what? I don't get why Stannis/her would want to kill Stark and King of the Grey irons anyway.. Stark doesn't/didn't want to control the south.. just kill the lanisters and would probably respect his fathers wishes to have Stannis as the King

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Now I know no spoilers about book 3 or Season 4 but wasn't the 3rd book...or is it the 4th book, mostly about secondary characters? I remember reading that when they have to adapt that book into a season it will be difficult.
            It was the 4th book, it introduced a LOT of new characters. The 4th and 5th book take place during the same timeframe but mostly follow different characters. This season is going to finish the second half of the third book and start material from the 4th and 5th, I believe they said.

The show should actually be able to improve on the 4th and 5th books, because they have a lot of rambling, pointless material that can easily be cut. Leaving just the story, they could probably merge them into a single season and greatly improve the flow.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
              Season 4 is gonna close up the end of one book i heard (probably the third one) and start on the new one.. TBFH i have never seen a show so skillfully done so many interesting characters they slip in and out of the story with ease.

In one of the last episodes of S3.. the lady in red put the leaches on that boy and then put them to the fire saying.. Joferry, Rob Stark, King of the Grey Irons..

That means she means to kill them? or what? I don't get why Stannis/her would want to kill Stark and King of the Grey irons anyway.. Stark doesn't/didn't want to control the south.. just kill the lanisters and would probably respect his fathers wishes to have Stannis as the King
              Robb Stark fancied himself king in the north, he wanted the north to be independent....King Stannis knows he has the claim to all seven kingdoms, so why would he give up one....same with Balon Greyjoy, who fancies himself King of the Iron Islands by birth and of the north by right of conquest.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                It was the 4th book, it introduced a LOT of new characters. The 4th and 5th book take place during the same timeframe but mostly follow different characters. This season is going to finish the second half of the third book and start material from the 4th and 5th, I believe they said.

The show should actually be able to improve on the 4th and 5th books, because they have a lot of rambling, pointless material that can easily be cut. Leaving just the story, they could probably merge them into a single season and greatly improve the flow.
                AFFC and ADWD are good books, people just hold it against them that what they perceive as main storylines aren't moving along fast enough...but that's not what the author intended with those books and he has said as much.(not to mention the obvious time delays and missing characters which is very unfortunate but does not make the novels content bad)

I dont get the need to rush the TV show tbh, Seasons 2 and 3 wouldve been much better if they hadn't crammed so much material just to have blackwater and red wedding as episode 9 respectively. That's why Season 1 as a season has been the best, they took their time with the character development.
                Last edited by -Hyperion-; 01-04-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Casting is a make or break for the future of the Iron Islands/Dorne/ storylines...

I assure you, cast the right girl for Arianne, and we would have another potential fan favorite character....look what casting did for Ygritte....

Cast it wrong and youre gonna have to change the whole plot, like they did with Asha(Yara) Greyjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Casting is a make or break for the future of the Iron Islands/Dorne/ storylines...

I assure you, cast the right girl for Arianne, and we would have another potential fan favorite character....look what casting did for Ygritte....

Cast it wrong and youre gonna have to change the whole plot, like they did with Asha(Yara) Greyjoy.
                    They've done a good job with casting. I don't think there will be a problem with that going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      AFFC and ADWD are good books, people just hold it against them that what they perceive as main storylines aren't moving along fast enough...but that's not what the author intended with those books and he has said as much.(not to mention the obvious time delays and missing characters which is very unfortunate but does not make the novels content bad)

I dont get the need to rush the TV show tbh, Seasons 2 and 3 wouldve been much better if they hadn't crammed so much material just to have blackwater and red wedding as episode 9 respectively. That's why Season 1 as a season has been the best, they took their time with the character development.
                      They are good books, there's just sooooo much filler that wasn't necessary. ADWD should not be the second longest book in the series, the filler was not that compelling. Same with AFFC. If the show strips away the unnecessary content and leaves the necessary, the meaningful content from those 2 books will shine. There's a lot of awesome stuff that happens in those two books.

Comment

Working...
                      X