Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMES TONEY: "Floyd Did Nothing Wrong...I LOVED It"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good day when Roy Jones Jr battered this Rick Ross wannabe.

Comment

i didn't realize ya'll were talking to hugh grant. i'm done here.

Comment

still talking about the legal sucker punch i see.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

JAMES TONEY: "FLOYD AIN'T DO NOTHING WRONG...ORTIZ BROKE THE CODE...I LOVED IT"

By Percy Crawford | September 22, 2011

"Floyd ain't do nothing wrong. The only thing he did wrong was, I would've led with the right hand...You don't headbutt another fighter, dog. Victor Ortiz...it was a bad day to be a Mexican . Floyd did exactly what he was supposed to do...Floyd showed class though and dapped him off and hugged him. Then he gave him a 2-piece combo with a side of Nyquil . He wanted out of that fight...Ortiz broke the code...I loved it. I just gotta teach Floyd to slap the mic out of they hand," stated future Hall of Famer James "Lights Out" Toney, who shared his thoughts on Floyd Mayweather's 4th round knockout of Victor Ortiz and the argument that ensued with Larry Merchant after the fight. You don't want to miss what else he had to say.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...ESSID=c8aa6627...
          He's absolutely right and Atlas as well...

Boxing is as much physical as mentally... all these ''fans'' on here who never stepped into the ring they can talk about sportsmanship... but if you once stood in that ring you know the difference...

If Ortiz takes it to the street Floyd has every right to end it in the street... he ain't wanted too... but he was pissed and rightfully so... in the ring you are supposed to hurt someone with your hands but not with a headbutt... doesn't matter if you get a point deducted or not... he probably thought he could do it with Floyd but Floyd showed him that he ain't take that s***...

On what should he have waited - till Ortiz said ok punch me now... and then look to the ref and wait till the ref said punch me... this guy headbutted him and even tried to punch him afterwards... he had his Karma coming...

And also on Merchant it is point on... like I said before... Merchant goes into the ring to interview FLOYD... it is about FLOYD and not about Merchant digging into him not even letting him finish his sentence and poke and poke again... Floyd was pissed and he tried to be cool... this is not about Merchant's opinion or if he would be 50 years younger - nobody cares about Merchant... there are two fighters in the ring and you can ask him what happened - Floyd answered what happend in his view and then it's ok... are you there after an boxing match were you intense and happy it is over to - he answered and then it is good... Merchant had his karma coming too - he is very disrespectful to boxing boxers - he likes fighters but boxers who actually box he often makes very mean and unnecessary comments... he had it coming too

Comment

Toney: "I just gotta teach Floyd to slap the mic out of they hand,"

That would have been a classic end to the evening .... Floyd smackin the mic out of Merchants hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
              And also on Merchant it is point on... like I said before... Merchant goes into the ring to interview FLOYD... it is about FLOYD and not about Merchant digging into him not even letting him finish his sentence and poke and poke again... Floyd was pissed and he tried to be cool... this is not about Merchant's opinion or if he would be 50 years younger - nobody cares about Merchant... there are two fighters in the ring and you can ask him what happened - Floyd answered what happend in his view and then it's ok... are you there after an boxing match were you intense and happy it is over to - he answered and then it is good... Merchant had his karma coming too - he is very disrespectful to boxing boxers - he likes fighters but boxers who actually box he often makes very mean and unnecessary comments... he had it coming too
              Here's the thing...

Floyd goes through five weeks of 24/7 following him around.
              Floyd goes to multiple press conferences in multiple cities.
              Floyd does a Face/Off with Max Kellerman
              Floyd does countless photo-shoots.
              Floyd sits in hours and hours of media interviews
              Floyd has a two hour U-Stream workout
              Floyd has a day-before fighter meeting with the HBO broadcast team.

...and then after the fight, Merchant is in such a rush that Floyd can't take FIFTEEN SECONDS to say thank you to fans or sponsors?

What was the rush? Fans were watching since 9:00pm. The fight ended early. What was Merchant's hurry? Did he have a flight to catch?

Please explain this to me.

Comment

Rick Ross wannabe? What was he trying to be a cop?

Originally posted by Hassan93k View Post
                It was a good day when Roy Jones Jr battered this Rick Ross wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  Toney: "I just gotta teach Floyd to slap the mic out of they hand,"

That would have been a classic end to the evening .... Floyd smackin the mic out of Merchants hand.
                  I just searched for B-Hops thoughts... he is actually someone who usually speaks from the heart... and he pretty much said the same like almost every other fighter as well...

I guess there are fans who simply see it from a fan perspective... and they want to see fair sportsmanship, gentleman... and then there are fans who try to see it from the perspective of a fighter... and then there are fans who are just haters...

I guess you won't get everyone on one table... but the boxers pretty much summed up what I also thought. Doesn't mean that I'm right or the boxers are right but I feel good about my point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    Here's the thing...

Floyd goes through five weeks of 24/7 following him around.
                    Floyd goes to multiple press conferences in multiple cities.
                    Floyd does a Face/Off with Max Kellerman
                    Floyd does countless photo-shoots.
                    Floyd sits in hours and hours of media interviews
                    Floyd has a two hour U-Stream workout
                    Floyd has a day-before fighter meeting with the HBO broadcast team.

...and then after the fight, Merchant is in such a rush that Floyd can't take FIFTEEN SECONDS to say thank you to fans or sponsors?

What was the rush? Fans were watching since 9:00pm. The fight ended early. What was Merchant's hurry? Did he have a flight to catch?

Please explain this to me.
                    I don't know - it's always like that... Merchants asks his first question and Floyd always answers first with his praises for God and his team and that is when Merchant already looks away pissed off... You can watch every post fight interview with them too... if Manny praises God everything is cool... that's always the start...

It's ok to ask questions but it is also about the way you ask them... he always asks Floyd questions in a negative way... he let Ortiz lie into his face (Ortiz told him that the headbutt was without intention) but instead ripping into him he lets Ortiz keep his face - he always tries to put Mayweather in a bad light it doesn't matter what he did... after the DLH fight he asks him: Why it wasn't the massacre he promised... he just outboxed him easy and put on a good performance and why do you have to ask that... If he would ask: Even though you were in control why couldn't you KO Oscar as you had planned? Why do you have to start such a negative note with something that he couldn't keep even though he won... DLH also said he would knock him out and didn't do... and they praised him he did better then they thought... it's only one example... the list goes on and on and on... Merchant had it coming... simple as that...

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
                      I don't know - it's always like that... Merchants asks his first question and Floyd always answers first with his praises for God and his team and that is when Merchant already looks away pissed off... You can watch every post fight interview with them too... if Manny praises God everything is cool... that's always the start...

It's ok to ask questions but it is also about the way you ask them... he always asks Floyd questions in a negative way... he let Ortiz lie into his face (Ortiz told him that the headbutt was without intention) but instead ripping into him he lets Ortiz keep his face - he always tries to put Mayweather in a bad light it doesn't matter what he did... after the DLH fight he asks him: Why it wasn't the massacre he promised... he just outboxed him easy and put on a good performance and why do you have to ask that... If he would ask: Even though you were in control why couldn't you KO Oscar as you had planned? Why do you have to start such a negative note with something that he couldn't keep even though he won... DLH also said he would knock him out and didn't do... and they praised him he did better then they thought... it's only one example... the list goes on and on and on... Merchant had it coming... simple as that...
                      I REMEMBER IN THE POST-MOSLEY INTERVIEW:

Larry Merchant : "So, you won't fight Pacquiao unless he bends to your will"
                      Floyd Mayweather : *Wry smiles and looks away* (can tell he's annoyed)

What the hell kind of biased question is that? In EVERY other instance, IN ALL OF SPORTS, the discussion is always that two parties "couldn't come to an agreement."

There was just an NFL lockout. Did you hear any discussion about the NFL owners "bending to the players' will"? Or vice versa?

This is a HBO PPV broadcast. No time constraints, no commercial breaks, No hardstop for the next show. What the hell was Larry's hurry?

Comment

Working...
                      X