Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This tells you how some boxing fans don’t know what they are watching when they watch boxing. Crawford is so much more skilled than Thurman . Crawford should beat Thurman but anything can happen in a fight. But spence is a different animal.. I think bud is a better fighter but spence is hungry and young and skilled. Not to mention way bigger. Kelli brook is huge in terms of welter weight but spence is even bigger than brooks. Spence would beat bud imo

It would be similar to Alvarez vs ggg..
    Last edited by kdd; 11-01-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      On a skill 4 skill level Crawford is probably the closest to Floyd as far as It doesn't look spectacular from the outside he's not the fastest or strongest and looks venerable at times but the skill gets him through fights an he finds a way to win fights.

Thurman is really not as big as he thinks he is and people act like some Folks can't grow into 147 over time well Bud has and he's now a bigger specimen than Thurman is physically and Thurman with his wide swinging punches would get clipped imo
      No. Oscar, Mosley, Winky, Ike, Pernell are better boxers than Crawford overall. And who has he fought to make you think such a thing

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
        I think Bud ruined whatever was left of Gamboa that night. He beat him up pretty bad until the stoppage, early scare or not.

The thing with Thurman is, he rarely throws combinations. Pot-shotting is not the way to go versus Crawford. Thurman has been a back foot fighter for a minute now and hardly applies pressure. This is a bad style match up for Thurman IMO. Bud does everything better. The only question I have is if Bud can bring up his power to 147. If he does, nobody short of Spence will be an even fight.
        Thurman has the better defense, footwork, athleticism, and counter punching is a wash. So Crawford does not do everything better.

Comment

• No one is........

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          I don't think he can even beat Charlo. He is a big WW and that is his advantage, plus southpaw. Crawford is more skillfull, but Spence has the power. Spence should have fought Porter or Garcia instead of Peterson.
          No one is lining up to fight Spence. Garcia went into the Witness Protection Program for shook boxers and Porter is hell bent on rematching with Thurman to try and get that WBC strap off his hands. Garcia will cry how he is awaiting a rematch with Thurman. After Thurman's 'soft touch' back fight, I believe he fights Garcia and Porter and uses those fights to keep TBC on the back burner. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
            , but Spence has the power. Spence should have fought Porter or Garcia instead of Peterson.
            spence- porter would be a frickin WAR man!!! they very similar both powerful, a lil clumsy and reckless, but spence is a lil better.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Thurman so much bigger though
              Thurman is about 162 fight night and Bud comes in about 160. #FAKENEWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                The skill disparity between the two is minimal and Thurman is bigger, stronger, faster, hits harder, more athletic, and he has the better defense compared to the two, plus he has a better chin. I don't understand why people don't see this.
                Its about a TWO to FIVE pound difference on fight night. Thats with Bud having to make 140. While Bud is a half inch taller and an inch longer reach. #FAKENEWS

Comment

• Crawford is scary good, Thurman isn't as talented but saying he "wouldn't have have a chance" is a bit short sighted. Crawford's speed and footwork are levels above his but Thurman has a punchers chance against anyone in that division, including the kid from Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Are you trying to set yourself up for failure?
                    The Mayweather comparison is from Freddie Roach. Fail Yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      He was on my radar ever since they sparred also....I like when people pay attention....
                      Like when Bud whooped Timothy Bradley in sparring

Comment

Working...
                      X