Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans: What would Amir Khan have to do, to get your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well first things first, he needs to shut the **** up. He made his loss to Peterson 100x more humiliating than it had to be with all that crying. Every time he opens his mouth, I like him a little less. Also, it's time to start avenging some losses. He can't talk about Floyd and Pacquiao the way he does when he's never proven to be the best in any division.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Amir Khan is probably the most hated, reviled and generally loathed man in boxing.

Nobody respects him, everybody wants to see him knocked out and badly hurt, when he loses it seems to make fans very happy.

My question is, what would Khan have to do to gain your respect?

Or is it impossible, will you never respect him no matter what he does?

i only dislike khan because he talks too damn much.

plus, prescott has been giving him a rematch but khan don't want nothing to do with him.

Comment

I don't get/understand how people can hate a guy unless they've met him personally or he's done them wrong personally.

Amir annoys me sometimes when he speaks, especially when he believes he's one of the best fighters in the game.

Other than I don't mind the kid. He's an exciting fighter, 90% in good toe to toe fights & he looks to fight the toughest guys out there and get into a war despite his chin issues.

I think it was on 'The Gloves Are Off' Sky Sports special where he said he always tries to give the fans an exciting fight and that's been to his downfall (especially in his last two fights). How can people not like that or at the very least respect it?

I respect any man who is in the fight game. The training camps, the lifestyle they have to live, the dedication, the discipline & the fact they are putting their health on the line every time they step through the ropes deserves nothing but respect.

Comment

Everyone should respect him already, I don't think he's all that but he's got heart.

Comment

I hated the way he and his fans handled the Bradley situation. Bradley leaving Shaw Promotions to go to TR at the time seemed like a great business decision. It had nothing to do with ducking and Khan took it over the top. So I was happy to see him loose. I dont hate the chap, as they say in England. All the Mayweather name dropping a year ago didnt help either.

Comment

He has my respect I just had to temper my expectations. I realize that he'll never be an elite fighter just more of a blood and guts Gatti type and theres nothing wrong with that kind of fighter.

Comment

just retire and that would suffice.

Comment

I think most people respect khan as a fighter, hes fought the best people who would fight him while chasing bigger fights all the time, he has an arrogance outside the ring that could make his own mother hate him, but this makes for exciting fights because despite his unnatural gifts, he lowers himself to his opponents level and tries to trade despite having no punch resistance, he's a more exciting floyd mayweather, half watch to see him k.o someone while the other half wanna see him get k.o'd, it's just unlike mayweathers fights khans are filled with drama

Comment

''Nobody respects him''?

You mean a bunch of internet forum warriors don't respect him. And the respect of an internet forum warrior means **** all.

If you have the respect of REAL boxing fans, have the respect of world class trainers and world class fighters, then who gives a **** if people who live on internet forums respect you or not?

These are the same people who probably laughed and mocked a ultimate warrior like Manny Pacquiao when he was knocked out. A warrior whose career has earned him the right to not be mocked yet they all did it. These so called Boxing fans. I could understand if it was just Mayweather fanboys and casual boxing fans but it wasn't. Many of them joined in a mocked and laughed at a proven warrior like Pacquiao when he was ko'd so what hope so does someone like Khan have in their eyes.

That Pacquiao example above was just a quick example of what these people's respect means. It means absolute **** all and i imagine it is and always hope it's the last thing in any fighters mind when he/she makes any career decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
                      Well first things first, he needs to shut the **** up. He made his loss to Peterson 100x more humiliating than it had to be with all that crying. Every time he opens his mouth, I like him a little less. Also, it's time to start avenging some losses. He can't talk about Floyd and Pacquiao the way he does when he's never proven to be the best in any division.
                      Peterson was a juiced up monkey and Khan was crying about it.

he has my respect but says stupid things that annoy me

Comment

Working...
                      X