Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer Thinks Hopkins-Dawson Will Do 250K To 300K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main topic on CNN.com right now can't hurt.

Comment

This fight will get 1 PPV from this Boxing fan. But I don't know if there are 249,000 more boxing fans like me who just buy every HBO PPV. Even boxers I don't like, like Pacquiao and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes_Claypool View Post
        Since when has the quality of the card ever mattered?
        Newb, I mean who is fighting on this card

Hopkins is the draw, and he doesn;t have that many fans. Chad dawson has no following. Nobody cares about this match up. Hopkins is old and dawson was never good.

The underrcard is malignaggi vs a nobody

this card is terrible and will not sell will. It's not PPV quality.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...friday-mailbag

Seems too much IMO. I think they would be lucky to crack 200K. I am thinking more like 175K.
          Is Doug smoking the same **** as Oscar lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Newb, I mean who is fighting on this card

Hopkins is the draw, and he doesn;t have that many fans. Chad dawson has no following. Nobody cares about this match up. Hopkins is old and dawson was never good.

The underrcard is malignaggi vs a nobody

this card is terrible and will not sell will. It's not PPV quality.
            I honestly dont remember a ppv as far back as the 80s that was sold becuase of an undercard or undercard fight. I think Holt/Garcia & Linares/DeMarco are just about as solid of matchups you can get on a ppv card nowadays.

Why is it in style to **** on Dawson now? He dropped the ball agaisnt Pascal, so what? He had a great fight with Glen and Adamek, and was considered to be on the verge of being a top fighter. Its not like the guy has been fighting softies forever.

Comment

if it hits 200k or better that is a HUGE SUCCESS considering the fact that most people wrote this event off MONTHS AGO

the coverage has picked up the day before the event though, HBO could have done at least 1 EPISODE of HBO 24/7 or something

I am actually looking forward to this event though, I am very excited about the Undercard especially the Holt vs Garcia match up, going to be the first big test for Garcia and also a chance for Holt to get back into that 140 Mix with the other top contenders

Comment

359k ppv buys

Comment

I highly doubt it reaches 100k.

Comment

Working...
                  X