No announcement yet.

Who beats Roberto Duran ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who beats Roberto Duran ...

on his best night at Lightweight .... (needless to say I'm on a bit of a duran viewing binge at the moment ... ouch for poor davey moore)

I would favour no-one over him but, I would give equal odds to Gans, Whitaker and Leonard.

Accuse me of sitting on the fence all you want but, that's honestly how I see it.

Comment

Chavez maybe. Arguello?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I would favour no-one over him but, I would give equal odds to Gans, Whitaker and Leonard.

Accuse me of sitting on the fence all you want but, that's honestly how I see it.

Gans, Benny Leonard, Hank Armstrong, Pernell Whitaker would be the first ones I would think of that would have a shot.

l loved Arguello but I don't think he'll take a series from Duran. Neither would JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          Gans, Benny Leonard, Hank Armstrong, Pernell Whitaker would be the first ones I would think of that would have a shot.
          Agreed. I'd favor Duran over all of the above but I think with all of them a 10 fight series would be needed: They're THAT close.

Arguello was at his best at Featherweight and lost a little something off his fastball when he moved up. Chavez wasn't in Duran's class as a fighter: Duran chews him up and spits him out.

Poet

Comment

l loved Arguello but I don't think he'll take a series from Duran. Neither would JCC.
            Forgot about Armstrong.

I agree He beats JCC and Agruello without a huge deal of trouble.

Comment

This. I would actually LOVE to see Whitaker-Duran because sweat pea was fast as **** and so hard to hit it'd be interesting to see how Duran would deal with that, but the man was straight relentless. He'd find away to make the judges wanna kill themselves when scoring that fight.

Comment

I would favor no one over Duran at lightweight but Pacquiao and Chavez are 50/50 fights

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  I would favor no one over Duran at lightweight but Pacquiao and Chavez are 50/50 fights
                  Please get the hell out of this section, you do nothing for it. You're blind love for modern fighters is disturbing yet extrememly intriguing...Why do you have a deep admiration for fighters of the newer generation?

It's not even as if you attempt you just dismiss any fighter pre 1970.

Who would win at 147 Pacquiao or Ray Robinson?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Please get the hell out of this section, you do nothing for it. You're blind love for modern fighters is disturbing yet extrememly intriguing...Why do you have a deep admiration for fighters of the newer generation?

It's not even as if you attempt you just dismiss any fighter pre 1970.

Who would win at 147 Pacquiao or Ray Robinson?
                    Blind love for modern fighters like who? Chavez who fought at basically the same time as Pernell Whitaker lol.

I don't rate or compare fighters from pre 1970 the sport has changed too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X