View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:54 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 620 Post(s)
big_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 12,874.00
No Message - Hype job 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***** Tard View Post
This according to the Las Vegas Weekly:

"Legendary big time mega-promoter Murad Muhammad will bring Mayweather vs. a yet to be named opponent to Dubai. Upon hearing this, Bob Arum allegedly sneered at the idea. But being a competitor he probably is not that objective in his assessment of this colossal possibility."

Also in the same magazine, Mayweather said: "I never intended to fight again this year. And I most definitely did not promise a fight (later this year) at any time before or since my humiliation of Mosley. But circumstances have changed. I want to fight in December against a big name opponent that will make my fans happy. It won't be no 'tune up'. My intention is to regain my fans' loyalty by fighting a top tier opponent."

Somehow I think he's lying. Perhaps, he just wants to steal the thunder from Pacquiao's fight against Margarito?

This story is bullsphit. It is another manufactured piece from a crappy online publication trying to make a name for itself. First of all, Murah Muhammad is not a big name promoter. He is a wannabe who has been Roy Jones personal handmaid for years and has done nothing for his fighters except stick them on the undercard of a major promotion, take the fee offered for the fight and pay the two opponents one-third of the money he gets. Mayweather is not fighting anywhere except Las Vegas and, whenever he does fight, Golden Boy will be the promoter.

However, I am sure the haters on this site will jump on this "story" and use it as another opportunity to take cheap shots at Mayweather -- not that they needed a reason!
big_james10 is offline   Reply With Quote