Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I scored Lara/Castano (since everyone is mixed of opinion for some reason).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is exactly how I saw the fight. I don't see how you can find a draw for Castano.... Lara threw more, landed more, and was landing the cleaner shots. I don't give guys rounds for cutting off the ring and hitting gloves and a couple glancing blows, especially when the other guy is landing clean work consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      This is one of those fights where it came down to two things: body shots (where Lara excelled) and whether your punch moved your opponent's head without their permission. See my reply below on that second one.

Go back and watch it again. Times Lara got hit clean, his head CLEARLY moved. There weren't that many of those situations. Yet, when Lara split the guard, he went for the body and the chest more than the head. When he DID go for the head, he connected more than he didn't. There was also a very clear speed difference; Lara's 1-2 was there and done before Castano's hook got halfway thrown.

And another thing: Castano tried to pull a Manny and show up in the last 30 seconds of the round which I believe swayed a lot of people to think he had a better performance than he did. Sorry - you don't get thumped on for 2 minutes, then get a couple of good shots in the last 30 seconds and win the round. Not on my watch

I don’t disagree with your post and I still believe that Castano got more shots in
      Clearly your right about the speed factor which favoured Lara
      I can also agree the cleaner shots were from Lara
      But in a whole i feel that Castano landed much more and maybe not as often as Lara but beautiful fughin left hooks to the body and many right hooks to the head
      Now let me ask you how do you feel about all the clinching and running Lara did
      Clearly must mean something persuaded him to react in that manner

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        Just because a fight is close on the cards, doesn't mean a decision isn't clear or decisive. Lara clearly won at least 7 rounds, which made it a close but clear win.
        Thats not what you said in your post
        Nobody spoke about the cards being close or not
        You said it was close but a clear win
        Now your mentioning the cards
        I couldn’t care less about the cards but what I believe I saw was Castano being sloppy , inaccurate and not consistent but still imo got the better of Lara
        Now I can agree they might not have been clear shots but I still consider three punches to one of Lara’s accurate shots to be more landed than Lara
        I thought Castano won 7 rounds and can swallow the draw
        But had they given it to Lara , well then I would of yelled fix

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Now let me ask you how do you feel about all the clinching and running Lara did
          Clearly must mean something persuaded him to react in that manner
          No, Lara always fights like that. Clinches are the main way to nullify an aggressive fighter and Lara used them to that effect. Even the commentators talked about it.

I know this. When my scorecard is THAT close to Steve Farhood, I know I'm not seeing things. If all one fighter has is aggression, that's not enough to win a fight IMO.

Put it this way. What I saw was the same basic idea as Saunders/Lemieux. If you thought Saunders put on a clinic, there's no way you can't see Lara putting on the same clinic.

Comment

No, Lara always fights like that. Clinches are the main way to nullify an aggressive fighter and Lara used them to that effect. Even the commentators talked about it.

I know this. When my scorecard is THAT close to Steve Farhood, I know I'm not seeing things. If all one fighter has is aggression, that's not enough to win a fight IMO.

Put it this way. What I saw was the same basic idea as Saunders/Lemieux. If you thought Saunders put on a clinic, there's no way you can't see Lara putting on the same clinic.

Let me put it this way , I respect your opinion and gladly agree to disagree
            I thought between the holding and running ( I also thought Lara should of been penalized for holding ) , Lara hit a lot of elbows and arms
            Didn’t think he broke the guard as often as Ronallo kept saying he did , and I believe you can’t win a fight by fighting the first minute of the round and then pot shot ( or 1-2 ‘s as he’s better known ) and take the round
            That’s the beauty of boxing , their will always be controversy because not one or the other are alike and we don’t all see the same thing
            Imo I saw the fight exactly the way you saw it for the other guy , give or take
            Rematch it is , can we agree on that lol

Comment

Lemieux vs Saunders now that was a classic fughin clinic

Psss I hate BJS guts , a real piece of fughin trash as a fighter and human
              Harsh you say ; I say fugh him lol

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                Let me put it this way , I respect your opinion and gladly agree to disagree
                I thought between the holding and running ( I also thought Lara should of been penalized for holding ) , Lara hit a lot of elbows and arms
                Didn’t think he broke the guard as often as Ronallo kept saying he did , and I believe you can’t win a fight by fighting the first minute of the round and then pot shot ( or 1-2 ‘s as he’s better known ) and take the round
                That’s the beauty of boxing , their will always be controversy because not one or the other are alike and we don’t all see the same thing
                Imo I saw the fight exactly the way you saw it for the other guy , give or take
                Rematch it is , can we agree on that lol
                If I'm either guy, I wouldn't rematch. It's a bad style match up.

What confuses me is, you acknowledge Lara hit cleaner; you acknowledge Lara was faster and sharper; you acknowledge Castano was sloopy, but somehow Lara doesn't deserve a win? How does that work?

Comment

What confuses me is, you acknowledge Lara hit cleaner; you acknowledge Lara was faster and sharper; you acknowledge Castano was sloopy, but somehow Lara doesn't deserve a win? How does that work?
                  I just find Castano landed more than Lara
                  What I acknowledge is Lara is faster , his shots were cleaner but not more than Castano
                  I think if Castano could box a little less sloppy then we would not be having this conversation
                  Boxing is beautiful when done like an artwork but doesn’t mean you cannot give a sloppy fighter the win just because it’s not perfect
                  Not sure if I explained myself well , but I think you can relate to what I mean
                  Plus this was Castano’s first big fight in the spotlight which I think baffled him quite a bit
                  The man is a proven winner and great amateur 185-5 if I’m not mistaken
                  Not many fighters can say they own wins over Spence jr and Dery

Comment

I think if their were to be a rematch , Castano would return to his old ways and definitely have a clear win and maybe even a late knockout

Comment

Castano was too hesitant and that's what cost him the fight. Whenever he turned the match into an inside fight he did his best work.Whenever he bullied Lara along the ropes and continued punching he was winning those battles. Castanos weakness is that he prefers to be a precision sharp puncher and he didn't like wasting all his energy by missing shots ....not to mention getting countered. BUT even though he missed a lot of punches, it was during those exchanges that he was also connecting a lot more than he was on the outside. I'm not sure that Castanos had the confidence that he had the stamina to do that all night. Had he fought that way, he could have won.....but Lara could have caught him with a good counter punch and hurt him too.

Comment

Working...
                      X