Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas: Golden Boy Didn't Offer Enough Money to Fight Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas: Golden Boy Didn't Offer Enough Money to Fight Cotto

Jessie Vargas took to social media Wednesday to explain why he turned down a chance to fight Miguel Cotto. Vargas, a former WBO welterweight champion, revealed in statements posted to his Twitter and Instagram pages that Golden Boy Promotions didn't offer him enough money to challenge Cotto. Vargas joined WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia and IBF welterweight champ Errol Spence Jr. by publicly acknowledging that he turned down the Cotto fight due to Golden Boy Promotions' offer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vargas is as close to irrelevant in boxing right now as they come. If he had the opportunity to fight cotto, he should've taken it. I don't care of they offered him a G flat. A win would put him in a good spot for the future. Chances are cotto would knock him out though.

Comment

I would of liked this fight much better. Vargas isnt the best but he brings it everytime.

Comment

Nice pr tactic by Golden Boy doe! Make ****ty offers to a bunch of profile fighters and then leak it to the public when they decline. It’s obvious by Cotto last 2 opponents that he wasn’t looking to fight anyone relevant

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          Vargas is as close to irrelevant in boxing right now as they come. If he had the opportunity to fight cotto, he should've taken it. I don't care of they offered him a G flat. A win would put him in a good spot for the future. Chances are cotto would knock him out though.
          Not if it comes with an option and low ball $. Fighters have to pay trainers managers training camp etc. Doesn’t make sense to go in the -red to fight a washed up Cotto.

Comment

Vargas is dumber than I thought. He left top rank who just signed a big deal with espn to go to Pbc which is tanking and he'll be lucky to fight once a year. He made close to 3 million to fight pacquiao which is more than thurman garcia porter or almost any other pbc fighter has made in a fight. Hes ducking crawford and horn and now he thinks he can go get easy paydays at pbc but im willing to bet haymon is going to throw him to the wolves

Comment

I would have liked that fight much more

Comment

Not enough money? Vargas needs to get real. Hundreds of thousands to fight ".... no, no I decline". "I'd rather sit at home and make .... zero!".

Really?

I miss the old days. Fighters (who know they aren't at the top of the sport) would've cashed that check, and tried to whoop some a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  ???

Yeah like Ggg was suppose to KO Canelo??

Or Kov. Ward???

You dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Not if it comes with an option and low ball $. Fighters have to pay trainers managers training camp etc. Doesn’t make sense to go in the -red to fight a washed up Cotto.
                    Man your talking to a rtard! He dont know sht about boxing.

I agree 1000%. Boxing is EXPENSIVE!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X