BJ Penn responds to Cesar Gracie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] BJ Penn responds to Cesar Gracie

Copy and paste from bleacherreport.com

Former lightweight and welterweight UFC champion BJ Penn has comeback firing on all cylinders, after Cesar Gracie threw a volley of insults his way. Gracie, in turn had been responding to Penn’s earlier tweet regarding his charge of Nick Diaz.

@CesarGracieBJJ Excuses?? The whole world knows I lost the fight including myself. I’m tired of you talking down to me Cesar, I hope you’re in training camp right now because the next time I see you, you better not be “scared homie!” BJ Penn.Com

For those of you who don't know the beginning of the beef.

The war of words commenced when “The Prodigy”—who subsequently retired following his unanimous decision loss to Diaz at UFC 137—took to his Twitter account and berated the Diaz about the fight.

He also made reference to Jon Fitch’s chin, apropos his 12 second knockout loss to Johny Hendricks at UFC 141.

@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser! I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

The above tweet prompted Gracie to respond in kind.

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz....

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by "Yes Men" that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.

At present, Diaz—who has been the unwitting catalyst in all of this—has stayed silent. Still, it remains to be seen whether he’ll keep mute or join in the slanging match.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-cesar-gracie

If I'm not mistaken, those are fighting words. Is BJ really hinting at beating Cesar's ass? Come on BJ.. Don't go out like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, those are fighting words. Is BJ really hinting at beating Cesar's ass? Come on BJ.. Don't go out like this.

Bj a ho n!gga. He finally admitted defeat but cmon dog fence holdin? Didnt bj try and take nick down too? Like cmon then hes gonna smile a take a pic wit him after like please. Nick usually ****s on people but u can tell nick got nothing but love for bj love and respect. Bj u finished daddy. Shout outs to frankie edgar for endin bj career.

Comment

lol, Nick is too busy getting high to know what the hell bj is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          lol, Nick is too busy getting high to know what the hell bj is talking about.
          green'd

Comment

In other news keith jardine is finished lol and to be fair bj b!tch a$$ gets just as gooted as nick

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
              In other news keith jardine is finished lol and to be fair bj b!tch a$$ gets just as gooted as nick
              LOL! Don't you have to get started to actually be finished. . .

Comment

****ing Jakkups? Noway. Long time no see my man.

I don't frequent this bored anymore either, but I still drop by a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  ****ing Jakkups? Noway. Long time no see my man.

I don't frequent this bored anymore either, but I still drop by a bit.
                  I know bro, it's been awhile.

Outside of a handful of noteworthy fights, MMA and combat sports in general kinda fell off in terms of quality for the better part of last year so I didn't feel the need to partake in any discussion about mediocre fights/events.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                    I know bro, it's been awhile.

Outside of a handful of noteworthy fights, MMA and combat sports in general kinda fell off in terms of quality for the better part of last year so I didn't feel the need to partake in any discussion about mediocre fights/events.
                    Any opinions on Fedor?

I wouldn't take them from most people, and have my own thoroughly formed opinions, and don't even let me get started on the Zuffa slander (e.g. the various comments by one Mr. Dana White, and the like).

But as a person with an opinion I respect a lot, do you have any general thoughts on his skid? I will say, that while I do believe he has changed as a fighter, I also think that when a fighter is beaten they experience difficulties, and I do believe Fedor's string of bad luck was sort of typical in a way. I similarly think that a couple tune up fights were in order.

I also know that after being on top for that long, than nothing lasts for ever. He will never fight in the UFC, so it is a question of whether he can catch his stride again, and it is equally a question of whether his people can secure meaningful fights, which isn't a simple matter.

Nevertheless, in my opinion Fedor is definitely a top 10 fighter in my mind, and I can count on one hand the number of people who I would favor to beat him in a fight now (and Werdum and Hendo are not included. Stylistically, I think Silva would give him a tough fight in a rematch, I call it a toss up).

Comment

Working...
                    X