Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better chance of defeating Mayweather at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a better chance of defeating Mayweather at this point?

Who has a better chance of defeating Mayweather at this point?

I slightly favor Cotto, even though he got battered in his 2 defeats to Pacquiao and Margarito.

Mosley is clearly aging, and usually has a tough time dealing with boxers that have good jabs (Forrest/Winky/Cotto).

Cotto's 2 defeats have been against a possible cheater in Margarito, and was outboxing Margarito until the damage accumulation caught up, possibly from the plaster wraps [if he had them, that is]. His other defeat was to Pacquiao, who is the p4p king.

Clottey and Margarito are big welterweights with iron chins and had success pressuring Cotto.

Based on styles, I think Cotto does better against boxer types, than Mosley does.

I'm not doubting Mosley's chances against Mayweather, because he sure has a chance with his speed and warrior heart/chin. Plus, we don't know how Cotto will perform in his next fight after taking such a beating from Pacquiao.
    Cotto
    35.29%
    Mosley
    64.71%
    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM.

Shane Mosley based on the fact he has looked decent to good in his last fights compared to Cotto

Comment

Mosley would always have the better chance to me,even before Pacman wolfed Cotto!!But quite frankly,I still believe in my heart that Cotto could walk floyd down & stop him!!Cotto is at his best stalking,solid punchers end that,but floyd's style makes for Cotto stalking!!

Comment

I think Cotto has the better chance. He has still the reflexes that is needed to defeat Floyd.

Mosley is still good but ages does tell the difference.

But I will still give Floyd a thumbs up if ever he fights both fighter. It would be a good fight.

Comment

both..........thats why floyd would never fight any of em....

Comment

Mosley, and its not even close. I think Floyd kills Cotto at this point. I think since he's grown into his frame that he would have a pretty easy time even with a prime Cotto, let alone this version

Comment

Cotto..

Mosley would get potshotted all night..pure boxers are his worst nightmare..he wouldn't be able to get close..and that's what Mosley needs to get off..

Cotto on the other hand holds decent speed..and it more versatile than Mosley..although he also might lose to Mayweather especially at this point..I can still see Cotto getting some solid shots in..

if Cotto were to go back to that body work..and left hook..he'd be a monster all over again..he lost a lot of confidence since Margarito..but I still give him more a chance than Mosley..

Comment

out of those 2

Mosley hands down.

Comment

one thing is for sure, we wont know unless floyd fights them

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
                    Cotto..

Mosley would get potshotted all night..pure boxers are his worst nightmare..he wouldn't be able to get close..and that's what Mosley needs to get off..

Cotto on the other hand holds decent speed..and it more versatile than Mosley..although he also might lose to Mayweather especially at this point..I can still see Cotto getting some solid shots in..

if Cotto were to go back to that body work..and left hook..he'd be a monster all over again..he lost a lot of confidence since Margarito..but I still give him more a chance than Mosley..
                    No way. Did you see Cotto's punches against Pac? Everyone gives Pac mad credit for taking those shots but the reason why he took them so easily was because everything Cotto threw was wide like an amature. He was throwing all looping shots and Pac just kept his guard high and too the side. Thats how Cotto busted his ear. All his punches were like that. He threw nothing straight down the pipe and the few times he did, was when he really hurt Pac, like with the uppercut. Thats all he could do against Pac so you know he's not going to be able to land anything on Floyd's defense

Comment

Working...
                    X