No announcement yet.

lead hand body shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lead hand body shot

Having trouble throwing my lead hook to the body? I don't know what it is maybe a insecure issues about face being open more than a head shot or lacking a set up but did or does anyone else have trouble throwing a hard shovel hook and what are you doing to fix it? Can anyone give me tips/pointers on this

If you're throwing a left hook to the body you should be in close to your opponent. If you throw it from too far out you may land it but you will also eat punches.

Comment

Work it off a counter; in other words, avoid a punch first. Belive it or not, you can hit the body relatively risk free.
      Parry his jab over your left shoulder and hook his belly. Slip inside his jab and hit his belly with a left uppercut.

Comment

fake an over hand right and leap to the side while throwing a hook.

So.. just ext3end the right hand bu keep it clode to your chin and leap with a left hook to the body

Comment

Work it off a counter; in other terms, prevent a impact first. Belive it or not, you can hit one's body system relatively virtually danger free.

Comment

Throw a lead right hand upstairs to set up a left body hook. The right hand in most cases forces you opponent to cover up his head, greatly reducing the chances of him returning fire, while it also naturally torques your body for a more powerful hook. And of course, after you throw your lead right immediately bring it back to cover up yo chin.

Comment

i like to read these experience posts by every boxer.. because i want to be!!!!

Comment

right uppercut to left hook to the body - works well against guys who keep there hands up high to block the right. be ready to move if the guy fire a counter shot after your right.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If you're throwing a left hook to the body you should be in close to your opponent. If you throw it from too far out you may land it but you will also eat punches.
                  strong username to avatar correlation lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing&Blues View Post
                    strong username to avatar correlation lmao

Somebody in this forum brought up the old book "Boxing" by Edwin Haislet.

When reading through it I saw in the section on defense that he mentioned the shoulder roll and couldn't resist borrowing the included picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X