Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Lennox Lewis ever been asked if he thought he could beat Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Lennox Lewis ever been asked if he thought he could beat Ali?

I've seen Tyson been asked many times and he says he didnt think so but could possibly be him being humble to the former champ. I just wonder what Lennox really thinks would have happened if they fought

Would be an interesting fight,Battle of the jabs and i think Ali's jab was faster and sharper,But Lewis had size,and power on his side.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      Would be an interesting fight,Battle of the jabs and i think Ali's jab was faster and sharper,But Lewis had size,and power on his side.
      I agree. Larry Holmes vs Lennox prime for prime would be another barn burner

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
        I agree. Larry Holmes vs Lennox prime for prime would be another barn burner
        Yep,i would have loved to see prime Ali versus prime Holmes too

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
          Yep,i would have loved to see prime Ali versus prime Holmes too
          super 10 heavyweight boxing tourney (prime)

Mike Tyson
          Muhammad Ali
          Vitali Klitschko
          Wladimir Klitschko
          Larry Holmes
          Lennox Lewis
          Rocky Marciano
          Jack Dempsey
          Joe Louis

Comment

Lennox would be competitive with any heavyweight in any era. He just had all the tools. But Ali was versatile as hell. We saw how unintimidated Ali was against a big man in Terrell, but there were no men that big fighting on Lennox's skill level back then.

Lennox responds to tweets often, you should hit him up and ask for his take.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Lennox would be competitive with any heavyweight in any era. He just had all the tools. But Ali was versatile as hell. We saw how unintimidated Ali was against a big man in Terrell, but there were no men that big fighting on Lennox's skill level back then.

Lennox responds to tweets often, you should hit him up and ask for his take.
              Nice! I will.

Comment

I don't know if he's said if he could win of not, but he's openly acknowledged Ali as the greatest heavyweight ever aswell as his boxing idol. If they were to fight prime for prime than I predict an easily UD or late ko for Ali. Ali is much sharper, faster, smarter, more skill full, has a better chin but IMO what will makes it an easy choice for me is his footwork. Lennox will struggle to land clean on a prime Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  I don't know if he's said if he could win of not, but he's openly acknowledged Ali as the greatest heavyweight ever aswell as his boxing idol. If they were to fight prime for prime than I predict an easily UD or late ko for Ali. Ali is much sharper, faster, smarter, more skill full, has a better chin but IMO what will makes it an easy choice for me is his footwork. Lennox will struggle to land clean on a prime Ali.
                  That is a good statement. I would rather see Tyson Ali. 2 fast boxers would be very exciting

Comment

Ali would do Tyson like he did Liston.

Tyson-Liston.....that's a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X