Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outta curiousity...does the Philippines have the ability to host a big fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outta curiousity...does the Philippines have the ability to host a big fight?

Wassup...I'm a huge Pac fan, and I always wanted to see him have a mega fight in his home country (now that he is on the level he is on). I know he is loved there, and to me it would be a great idea to fight a big name as a way to give back to his fellow people/country. Solis fight is cool, but I'm talking an HBO PPV type of fight.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but to anyone who lives there and knows the economy and how they handle sporting event.....does the Philippines have the ability to host a Manny Pacquaio Mega fight, and if so what venues/cities could it possible be held at?

Thx in advance...peace

of course.

philippines is a poor country but it is a developed poor country. there's a lot of poor people in philippines but the rich is rich as hell.

philippines hosted ali-frazier 3 remember?

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Wassup...I'm a huge Pac fan, and I always wanted to see him have a mega fight in his home country (now that he is on the level he is on). I know he is loved there, and to me it would be a great idea to fight a big name as a way to give back to his fellow people/country. Solis fight is cool, but I'm talking an HBO PPV type of fight.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but to anyone who lives there and knows the economy and how they handle sporting event.....does the Philippines have the ability to host a Manny Pacquaio Mega fight, and if so what venues/cities could it possible be held at?

Thx in advance...peace
      I think it can be done, if you mean done as in properly hosting the event, venue, accomodations and whatnot, i just don't think it could remotely compete with the profitability of a Vegas fight, after all, money talks.

The only viable place to host it here is Araneta Coliseum, it can seat 15,983 fans for a boxing event.

Comment

they'd have to fight in the morning to accommodate the US viewers

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          they'd have to fight in the morning to accommodate the US viewers

I was just about to ask you what time, but instead of being a lazy ****, I googled a time converter at saw you guys there is a 12 hour time difference between US EST.

I saw that in order to fight the main event 11pm EST (which is the norm) Pac would have to fight at 11 a.m. in the morning? Do you think that is possible....for a fighter to fight a big fight that early in the morning.
          Last edited by Khalid X; 04-10-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

It might be a good idea....because I'm sure that if they fought that early the fight would be over around 1pm or so.....just in time for a celebration/parade/Manny concert.....lol

Comment

I was just about to ask you, but I decided not to be lazy and google a time converted.

I saw that in order to fight the main event 11pm EST (which is the norm) Pac would have to fight at 11 a.m. in the morning? Do you think that is possible....for a fighter to fight a big fight that early in the morning.
              Its been done before, (morning boxing event) but i don't think Pacquiao has fought here in the morning.

Boxers like Donaire, Viloria, and Penalosa have fought here in the morning just last year.

Comment

didn't pacquiao fight on a sunday morning for the larios and fahsan fights?

Comment

I was just about to ask you what time, but instead of being a lazy ****, I googled a time converter at saw you guys there is a 12 hour time difference between US EST.

Originally posted by King Tua View Post

the Larios fight was fought in the morning...IIRC, the 3K fight was night time in Philippines

Comment

Originally posted by King Tua View Post
                    Ah yes, i missed that. He did fight Larios in the morning. I didn't even watch his bout with the thai.

Comment

Working...
                    X