Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is JuanMa worth watching anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siri took him down but JuanMa is definitely worth watching. Throw him in with anyone from 126-130 and I think you're going to get a hell of a fight either way.

Comment

I really don't understand why this is being asked. JuanMa lost a couple of fights to a warrior that happens to have his number and his "watchability" comes into question? The greater shame is Lopez hasn't had a chance to be watched due to an unfairly long suspension. JuanMa has certainly come down a notch, but he'll be back; and he'll pose a danger to anyone he faces. Good luck to him.

Comment

Worth watching? are u kidding ?!?

People can talk all the smack they want about his defense but you can't deny this guy is seriously entertaining. Just because of that I'll continue to support him. He gives it all, he's a warrior!

Comment

I really love his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Very true Mark. Sometimes you can just run into another fighter who has your number.
            Also it could have been the inspiration to give his all, cause in those Morales fights he poured it out.

Comment

He is very fun to watch, but he isn't getting to the top of any division again, ever since the Ponce fight he fell in love with his power and his skills just regressed and regressed. I would pick Ponce by ko in a rematch if they fought again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                Juan Manuel Lopez looked poised to be atop of the featherweight division just a short two years ago and now after 2 losses to orlando salido, has dropped from everyone's radar. His fights have always been exciting and he looked every bit of the tito/ cotto torch bearer for Puerto Rican boxing fame prior to his defeats. So being that he's only lost to one man while having a decent enough resume, does JuanMa have what it takes to get back to the top?
                Your thread title and post are two different questions; your post answering your thread title.

He's in exciting fights. Hell yes, he's worth watching. The 8th round of his 2nd fight with Salido is probably the most brutal since Gatti Ward.

Does he have what it takes to get back to the top? His style is so severely flawed that he walks on to a lot of shots. He may be able to win another world title, but I don't see him dominating the division. He'll get stopped again sooner or later.

Comment

I enjoy watching his chin Collapse! I Like to see Juanma in w/Mikey Garcia!

Comment

Of course he's still worth watching. His fights bring nothing but excitement.

Now, can he become a top fighter again? Depends if salido has permanetely humbled his ass and made him realize that he can't rely on his punching power alone to win him his fights, and that he needs to make a lot of drastic changes.

Hopefully he gets a new trainer, a new corner, and starts working on improving his boxing and defense.

If he does all of that, I see him having a bright future, but if he doesn't do any of that, he'll eventually fight another "Salido" and get his ass knocked out again.

Here's to hoping he does the former.

Comment

Working...
                    X